Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn, Podcasts, and login fail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody log into the TuneIn account from their car?

I typically use an app on my phone as a pod-catcher to download and organize my podcasts.

I was playing with TuneIn to do this instead, but I find that there is no search functionality from the car, so if you want a podcast that isn't one of their "top podcats", you can't get to it.

The workaround is to create your (free) TuneIn account from your computer, follow/subscribe to the podcats you want (from a interface where there IS search functionality), and then use that login from your car.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to actually log in from my car -- it won't acknowledge the username/password from the car.

Based on forum searches, this was a problem in the past in 2015, but all those threads died (presumably because the fix came out).

? Did it break again? Is anybody able to log in? Is anybody who was PREVIOUSLY able to log in, NOW UNABLE to log in?

Thanks in advance.

You're not alone.
I regularly log out and back in to refresh my favourite Tunein podcasts
I did this last week and suddenly I couldn't log back in again, and I had not changed my password.
Did a password reset made sure I could login to my iPhone app and in the web but the car refuses to play dice saying the password is wrong.
I was waiting until Monday to send an email to my local SD.

I had read *somewhere* that one cannot login to a free tunein account on the Tesla. Could that be what's going on? Anybody have a paid account they could test with?

My car (X) was picked up on Thursday, and is now getting wrapped, so I can't check with my free account.