Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn Radio “Loading Error”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is global TESLA issue. Both my Model S and Model 3’s have never been able to stream I heart radio channels which carries a fair amount of the backbone of fox sports radio networks if not all. Of course my model 3 has no AM channel and so I’m out of luck with any fox sports listening. Kind of silly. Come on Tesla this has been going on for years.

Trading in our 2016 Tesla S 75 for a new 2019 Tesla S Raven. Found no AM Radio, it places Tunein as the primary source for listening to some of my favorite AM Radio stations while traveling on I-5. Several stations like KNZR Bakersfield get loading error in my current Tesla and also a new one in the Show Room. The same error on the same station.

Pretty sure it is Tesla's servers that introduce the problem. You can stream from TuneIn using a phone app but that same stream doesn't work in your car, it points to a Tesla problem, not a TuneIn problem.

Getting our new Raven S in September and it would be really nice if Tesla can fix this as we will no longer have a AM Radio to pick up those stations as we travel down I-5.

My list of stations that get Loading Error:

KNZR 1560 - Bakersfield CA
KERN 1180 - Bakersfield CA
KQEN 1240 - Roseburg OR
FREEDOM 970 - Portland OR
KOMO 1000 - Seattle WA

Good news for our current Tesla S 75, The above stations are now loading and playing OK since our last software update. Not sure if the update fixed it.

But, the new Tesla Raven S on the show room floor in Rocklin, CA tried some the stations and still got loading errors. Mentioned it to our Tesla Rep handling our order for a Tesla Raven S Long Range. Hopefully these new Teslas will get a software update that will fix this problem. Will be very helpful on I-5 from the Grapevine, CA to Seattle, WA. May get our new Tesla Raven S in a week or so. Looking forward to get it.

Still work in progress.

• Informative
Reactions: skygraff
Good news for our current Tesla S 75, The above stations are now loading and playing OK since our last software update. Not sure if the update fixed it.

But, the new Tesla Raven S on the show room floor in Rocklin, CA tried some the stations and still got loading errors. Mentioned it to our Tesla Rep handling our order for a Tesla Raven S Long Range. Hopefully these new Teslas will get a software update that will fix this problem. Will be very helpful on I-5 from the Grapevine, CA to Seattle, WA. May get our new Tesla Raven S in a week or so. Looking forward to get it.

Still work in progress.

Good to know. Still waiting for the firmware update the mobile tech said he would push but glad to hear that may do the trick.

Trading in our 2016 Tesla S 75 for a new 2019 Tesla S Raven. Found no AM Radio, it places Tunein as the primary source for listening to some of my favorite AM Radio stations while traveling on I-5. Several stations like KNZR Bakersfield get loading error in my current Tesla and also a new one in the Show Room. The same error on the same station.

Pretty sure it is Tesla's servers that introduce the problem. You can stream from TuneIn using a phone app but that same stream doesn't work in your car, it points to a Tesla problem, not a TuneIn problem.

Getting our new Raven S in September and it would be really nice if Tesla can fix this as we will no longer have a AM Radio to pick up those stations as we travel down I-5.

My list of stations that get Loading Error:

KQEN 1240 - Roseburg OR
KOMO 1000 - Seattle WA

Still work in progress.

Sold our Tesla S 75 (SR-75) and our Tesla Raven S Long Range was delivered today 9/11/2019
Now:
KQEN 1240 - Roseburg OR
KOMO 1000 - Seattle WA

fails to load on TuneIn while working fine in our old Tesla that we sold. This is sad as when we drive up and down I-5, there is no AM radio as a back up. I really hope this gets taken care of soon.

So far, KNZR & KERN, both in Bakersfield CA are loading OK now after reporting it to the Service Center in Rocklin, CA. The new Tesla Raven S is now ready to go south on I-5. Later, will check on the one's going north thru Oregon, Washington states.

Finally got 2019.32.2.2 da05838 after twice being pushed by service and failing (unplugged and powered off my car then got the notification a few hours later). First thing I checked was WGN and, miracle of miracles, it’s working now!

We shall see how long it lasts but I’ve tested my other favorites and they’re all working. BBC stations & ESPN are also working but no joy for + Radio (whatever that is?).

I listen to various 181.fm stations on TuneIn in my Model S. I think there are over 80 different 181.fm stations. Within the past month they all stopped working but only when trying to play them using the Tesla radio in the car. I also had a Model 3 owner confirm they no longer played in his car. They played fine from the TuneIn app on my phone. I contacted TuneIn and 181.fm support and like Braoudap said, it was because 181.fm had switched their stream to https from http. TuneIn said Tesla needed to fix that issue on their end. I emailed Tesla and they said they would look into it and to reboot the computers in my car which I had already done. Curtis from 181.fm contacted me today and thinks he resolved the issue on all 181.fm stations. He said "I had to update my streams to include the HTTP in their wrapper along with the HTTPS". I tested this afternoon and the 181.fm stations now play in my car using the built in Tesla radio. This may be a fix for other stations if you contact their support and have them update their streams to include the HTTP in their wrapper along with the HTTPS. Hopefully Tesla can incorporate https streams to prevent this issue on other stations and podcasts.

• Informative
Reactions: MXLRplus
Trying to listen to live sports broadcasts on TuneIn radio. On each and every game/station I’ve tried, I get a loading error. Not the case with normal radio station streaming. Went to my computer to see if the same problem existed, and was able to get live sports broadcasts with no problems. Even tried the 1 month trial of premium to see if that made any difference.

Had a “chat” with Tesla support, and they had me do all of the resets. Still no luck. They suggested I make a service appointment, although service center is 60 miles away. I seriously doubt they will be able to help.

I know I’ve seen occasional posts about TuneIn loading errors, but nothing definitive. Can anyone confirm whether or not they are experiencing my issues and if so, is there any resolution?

Thanks,
Ron
Trying to listen to live sports broadcasts on TuneIn radio. On each and every game/station I’ve tried, I get a loading error. Not the case with normal radio station streaming. Went to my computer to see if the same problem existed, and was able to get live sports broadcasts with no problems. Even tried the 1 month trial of premium to see if that made any difference.

Had a “chat” with Tesla support, and they had me do all of the resets. Still no luck. They suggested I make a service appointment, although service center is 60 miles away. I seriously doubt they will be able to help.

I know I’ve seen occasional posts about TuneIn loading errors, but nothing definitive. Can anyone confirm whether or not they are experiencing my issues and if so, is there any resolution?

Thanks,
Ron
What seems to work for me (having the same problem) is to switch to a “streaming “ channel and then back to the Tune-In channel. Works almost every time.

Just got my m3 SR+ here in the UK. I can hardly get any stations on Tunein.
Keep getting loading error. I listen to virgin radio channels mainly and can't get a single one to work.

I take it is tough and I'll have to get over it? Or any other ideas or help is much appreciated

Also having problems with Fox News Radio Hourly Newscast. I used to listen to it every morning for years on the way to work, but now it won't load. Fox News Radio (streaming) works on Tesla, as well as many other streaming stations. But while the Fox News Radio Hourly Newscast shows up properly with the latest podcast, it just spins and spins and never plays. The Fox News Radio Hourly Newscasts play just fine on Tune-in on the web, so I feel like it has something to do with the Tune-in player in the Tesla. I have a 2018 M3 w/ premium connectivity.

Definitely wasn’t associated with the firmware update but, yes, over a week after updating firmware, WGN is now working again as well. As with the last time this happened, I’m guessing they made an adjustment/update to their servers and codec options rather than anything in the cars.

Reactions: DBV1