Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn Radio “Loading Error”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know you folks in the USA don't get Spotify, where I am we do but it works at best 30% of the time which is so frustrating. When it fails it usually cannot log in (that is the error shown) or it just sits there with the busy circle spinning, do you think Tesla has a similar setup with Spotify as they do with TuneIn where it is all going via Tesla?

Maybe your situation changed in the last 24 hours, jdw, but I’m still getting the loading error right now. Fortunately, it’s not spinning to the point of forcing a reboot. Too bad I can’t find a list of .m3u streams to test since only this one station is failing for me.

I did test KOZT and ESPN which both failed but all the BBC streams I tried were working.

Thanks!

I know you folks in the USA don't get Spotify, where I am we do but it works at best 30% of the time which is so frustrating. When it fails it usually cannot log in (that is the error shown) or it just sits there with the busy circle spinning, do you think Tesla has a similar setup with Spotify as they do with TuneIn where it is all going via Tesla?

I know that all LTE traffic goes through Tesla servers and over a VPN to the cars, while WiFi traffic does not. Try connecting your car to a WiFi hotspot or network and I suspect you'll get the answer.

• Informative
Reactions: f-stop and P100D_Me
Add me to the list of this happening to. Didn't have my car for 2 months due to accident repair so I thought it had something to do with being offline for so long. WGN, ESPN Chicago and Rewatchables Podcast (also part of the Bill SImmons Ringer Network) give loading errors. Slacker streaming still seems to work. Even favorites.

Has anyone figured out a solution? I tried one person's idea of creating my own tunein account and logging in with that, installing the tunein app on my phone, setting the audio quality to medium or low, and guess what??? Loading error. Bummer. I miss some of my favorite podcasts that now no longer load.

Reactions: Carl_P
Not to my knowledge. I was kind of hoping the v10 announcement would include Spotify support and/or sat radio as well. I listen to one podcast (Rewatchables) that is impacted by this by using Spotify. It's a workaround but gets the job done. No such luck for things like WGN radio though

I’ve been getting “Loading Error” on Slacker since 2013. The past 6 months or year that has mostly disappeared but replaced with an abrupt end of song and start of the next. Songs abruptly and randomly end many times more often than former “Loading Error”.

Trading in our 2016 Tesla S 75 for a new 2019 Tesla S Raven. Found no AM Radio, it places Tunein as the primary source for listening to some of my favorite AM Radio stations while traveling on I-5. Several stations like KNZR Bakersfield get loading error in my current Tesla and also a new one in the Show Room. The same error on the same station.

Pretty sure it is Tesla's servers that introduce the problem. You can stream from TuneIn using a phone app but that same stream doesn't work in your car, it points to a Tesla problem, not a TuneIn problem.

Getting our new Raven S in September and it would be really nice if Tesla can fix this as we will no longer have a AM Radio to pick up those stations as we travel down I-5.

My list of stations that get Loading Error:

KNZR 1560 - Bakersfield CA
KERN 1180 - Bakersfield CA
KQEN 1240 - Roseburg OR
FREEDOM 970 - Portland OR
KOMO 1000 - Seattle WA

Last edited:
Latest info I have is that the local techs believe it to be firmware related and on the task list to be fixed. The fact that mine (and some of yours) started getting the loading errors between firmware updates, I agree it’s at Tesla’s server end.

My supposition is that, in an effort to fix known loading errors (ESPN and others), the engineers introduced a blanket .m3u fail into the “headend.” Now that it’s a standardized break, they’re apparently attempting to resolve it with updated codecs in the firmware. Definitely a garage startup style of attacking the problem but more in line with early days than hundreds of thousands of units in customers hands. Of course, it’s all just supposition without communication.