TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TuneIn Radio - BBC Not Playing

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by richrootes, Feb 9, 2015.

1. richrootes

richrootes Member

Is anyone else experiencing problems playing BBC broadcasts on TuneIn? I know the BBC like to dick around with the formats occasionally, and on the iPad App, the only bitrate/codec available for Radio 2 is 128k MP3.

Is this perhaps too high a rate for the 3G service?

Cheers everyone

2. mastaace

mastaace Member

My tune in was not working yesterday. I called Tesla HQ and they said there was an issue with tune in that they were trying to fix. I have not used tune in today yet but hopefully whatever problem they are having had been addressed.

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I've had weird Tunin problems where radio stations that once played now say "Not Available in your Country" (station is local to me) and podcasts that once played no longer will.

4. richrootes

richrootes Member

Hmm - ok, thanks guys - not just me then.

Hope they fix it, as I actually prefer Tunein to Slacker......

5. Vitaman

Vitaman Member

I had issues with tune in and slacker yesterday.
    Had to rely on Satellite radio which is not my usual choice.

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

The BBC have dropped Windows Media Codec this past week. I had to try to use an MP3 stream for 6music via Tunein on my squeezebox but it was hanging after a few seconds.

7. donv

donv Member

I couldn't get anything on TuneIn yesterday, but today it seems to be working.

8. shady

shady Member

It wasn't working for me this morning, and before it went silent, I was getting the recorded message that they'd dropped the Windows media codec. It works fine on my Sonos via Tunein

9. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

Yep, I was listening to Bill O'Reilly on Fox News on TuneIn while driving home from work yesterday and it went in and out and at certain points it didn't work at all.

(Yes, I admit to listening to Fox... O'Reilly is entertaining.)

10. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

This thread got me back to trying podcasts again. I've noticed that some play with the progress bar and "scrubber" button while others play with no progress bar or anything else shown where it would otherwise be. Curious as to why this is. Different codecs maybe? In either case, I was able to hit pause when I got to work and resume the program right where it left off hours later.

11. shady

shady Member

What is the process of reporting this issue to Tesla?

12. richrootes

richrootes Member

OK - BBC on Tunein is working again for me. I haven't had a software update (currently on .140) so I guess the change has occurred on the BBC end....?

Happy!

13. shady

shady Member

Is anyone having problems with BBC stations recently? Over the last week, I get dropouts lasting between a few seconds to many minutes. This is on the same commute I've been taking for the last 2 years. The thing is, it only seems to happen with BBC stations