TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TuneIn radio problems?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by altman, Oct 19, 2013.

1. altman

altman Member

Anyone else had this? I can no longer listen to BBC radio 6 music (or any of the BBC stations I've tried). Slacker works fine, and rebooting the center screen doesn't help... on 4.5.

2. riceuguy

riceuguy Member

Aside from the first week or two I had the car, certain news stations haven't worked for me (5+ months): CNN, BBC, and a few others. BBC Leeds sometimes works, but I get the sense this is by design for some reason. If you find a solution, please let me know as I've been posting about this for months with no response!

3. altman

altman Member

I had all the BBC stations working just fine up until a couple of weeks ago; at first I thought maybe it was an issue between tunein and the BBC (like a usage agreement) but I can stream the stations from the tunein website on my laptop.

Anyone with 5.0+ care to try BBC radio 6 music? (by location->europe->united kingdom->national networks->bbc radio 6 as I remember)

4. shady

shady Member

I have the same, all my BBC stations stopped working a couple of weeks ago. I usually listen to Radio 2 on the way home from work. I just tried accessing Tunein from my Sonos, and the BBC stations are working fine, so it seems to be Tesla related. btw I'm on 4.5

Absolute radio works fine

5. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

I would call Tunein Customer service. They may need to renew/refresh their BBC Feed.

6. shady

shady Member

Are you implying they have different feeds depending on device type or maybe depending on bandwidth available? That might make sense, because the Tesla 3G speed is atrocious, and maybe the BBC switched off their "legacy" feeds

7. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I have the same problem, never had much luck with TU Customer Service either :-/

8. altman

altman Member

This started working again for me this morning! (no reboot or anything else... it just worked). Possibly a coincidence or maybe someone from tesla or tunein reads the forums :)

How about everyone else?

9. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

I'm saying that they have lots of feeds from all over the world. They may not monitor all of them continuously. They may not be aware that their feed is off line.

10. shady

shady Member

Right, but in this case the BBC feeds were working fine on other devices, which is why I wondered if the Tesla utilizes a low bandwidth feed.

Anyhow, it sounds like the problem has been addressed. I'll go out for a drive later and give it a try

11. john01

john01 Member

I have had a problem with ESPN NY. Worked fine for a while that didn't rebooting did not help.