Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn radio problems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else had this? I can no longer listen to BBC radio 6 music (or any of the BBC stations I've tried). Slacker works fine, and rebooting the center screen doesn't help... on 4.5.
Aside from the first week or two I had the car, certain news stations haven't worked for me (5+ months): CNN, BBC, and a few others. BBC Leeds sometimes works, but I get the sense this is by design for some reason. If you find a solution, please let me know as I've been posting about this for months with no response!

I had all the BBC stations working just fine up until a couple of weeks ago; at first I thought maybe it was an issue between tunein and the BBC (like a usage agreement) but I can stream the stations from the tunein website on my laptop.

Anyone with 5.0+ care to try BBC radio 6 music? (by location->europe->united kingdom->national networks->bbc radio 6 as I remember)

I had all the BBC stations working just fine up until a couple of weeks ago; at first I thought maybe it was an issue between tunein and the BBC (like a usage agreement) but I can stream the stations from the tunein website on my laptop.

Anyone with 5.0+ care to try BBC radio 6 music? (by location->europe->united kingdom->national networks->bbc radio 6 as I remember)

I have the same, all my BBC stations stopped working a couple of weeks ago. I usually listen to Radio 2 on the way home from work. I just tried accessing Tunein from my Sonos, and the BBC stations are working fine, so it seems to be Tesla related. btw I'm on 4.5

Absolute radio works fine

Are you implying they have different feeds depending on device type or maybe depending on bandwidth available? That might make sense, because the Tesla 3G speed is atrocious, and maybe the BBC switched off their "legacy" feeds

I'm saying that they have lots of feeds from all over the world. They may not monitor all of them continuously. They may not be aware that their feed is off line.

I'm saying that they have lots of feeds from all over the world. They may not monitor all of them continuously. They may not be aware that their feed is off line.

Right, but in this case the BBC feeds were working fine on other devices, which is why I wondered if the Tesla utilizes a low bandwidth feed.

Anyhow, it sounds like the problem has been addressed. I'll go out for a drive later and give it a try