Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tunein Radio - "station not supported"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in GTA, I have the standard Tunein with my model S. It has worked well for a year but stations seem to keep dropping, aka "not supported". Example, Q107 a few months ago and today 680 news. They are still in my favourites but will not come up. CFRA is fine (and works) but something more local is nice - what gives? Thanks.

NAI

I think this has to do with the way certain stations are licensed for streaming and the fact that the car "appears" to be in the US with data going through Tesla's server. I have also seen stations "not supported in my region" messages when the station is indeed local to me. Those same stations work fine on the iPhone TuneIn app when connected to my own WiFi or LTE.

No luck Mr E, when I went to those settings I can't log out because I am not logged in as a user, and don't believe I ever have been. Is there some default sign in when you don't have a premium account?

Thx

Create a free Tunein account on your computer and then log in with that account in the Tesla. Advantage is that you can arrange your favorites on the computer via the Edit function and then they show up in the same order in Tunein favorites. This knowledge courtesy of Wilf.

Create a free Tunein account on your computer and then log in with that account in the Tesla. Advantage is that you can arrange your favorites on the computer via the Edit function and then they show up in the same order in Tunein favorites. This knowledge courtesy of Wilf.

Mr E., Thanks - not the total answer but it got a few stations back - Q 107 still hiding, but I will live - we all have bigger problems, thanks

NAI