TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TuneIn uneven volume?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by verygreen, Apr 4, 2017.

1. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

So I gave TuneIn a whirl and it seems to be very annoying in that the apparent volume between different songs could differ substantially.
    So you listen to a relatively quiet thing and increase volume to hear it and then the next one is superloud and blasts your ears off.

E.g. "Japanese pop" station does that, one moment they play "One OK Rock" that's pretty loud and then switch to something else that's pretty quiet and then something loud again in a song or two.

I don't see any way to have "equivalized volume" enabled anywhere, or am I just missing it?

2. Haxster

Haxster Member

It seems that 50 year old Automatic Level Control technology may be too advanced for Tesla's audio engineers.

And Speed Dependent Volume or Ambient Noise Volume Control...forget about it.

Too bad they can't measure speed or have a microphone in the cockpit...Oh wait, they DO!

• Like x 1