TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tunein works in Australia?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by benflux, Feb 1, 2016.

1. benflux

benflux Member

I accidentally posted this elsewhere previously, forgetting there's an ANZ sub-forum:

Is Tunein the alternative to Spotify in Australia? Assume it has the podcasts it has on the mobile version?

2. TesAus

TesAus Member

The cars have both Tunein and Spotify.

Tunein is for radio stations streamed over the Internet (eg you can listen to Capital FM from the UK or a local station from Australia as long as they Internet stream).

Spotify can search for any artist or album and has various playlists etc. I don't think you can stream traditional radio stations via Spotify, but happy to be proven wrong!

3. benflux

benflux Member

OK great, does the content in Tunein match the content in their mobile app? One would assume so...?

4. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

It seems to have the same content. I have signed into the Tunein app in my Tesla with my personal Tunein account allowing me to search for podcasts then save them as favourites to play in the car. The biggest limitation of the Tunein app in the car is the lack of a search function so I get around thus by searching on the phone.

5. benflux

benflux Member

Great, can't wait for delivery :)

6. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

It's saved my sanity by allowing me to listen to 3RRR no matter where I'm driving. As a bonus the SQ is much better than the Tesla supplied FM radio.
    RN has just stopped streaming on TuneIn it seems although there's still a RN Sydney feed that is available

7. paulp

paulp Member

The tesla tunein lets you search by country and other methods.

8. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Looks like there's an authentication issue with the Tunein app at the moment.
    So if you have signed into the Tunein app, don't log out or you may not be able to log back in again.
    TuneIn not recognizing account info

• Like x 1