TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Turbo tax question

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rawad H., May 26, 2014.

1. Rawad H.

Rawad H. Member

Sorry if this question was asked before but my tax consultant apparently dosent no much of anything about the ev tax credit and told me it is a deduction not a credit so I would like to do it myself, has anyone been able to successfully get the ev tax credit through turbo tax?

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Time to get a new accountant! You can just give him the form. I hope your new one can fill it out properly!

3. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

It is a tax credit...I did mine using TurboTax very easily, I just had to wait for them to have the form available. But the app told me and held my return until they added it, and they sent me an email letting me know I could complete my return.

4. jak

jak Member

Got my EV tax CREDIT via the non-web version of TurboTax. I "red some wear" that the web version, which is still relatively "knew" to Intuit, was pretty buggy with regards to the EV tax credit and customers had their submissions rejected "do" 2 this bug not submitting the required tax form (8936). But the "re-tell" version got it "write".

I agree with Lloyd.... time to dump your tax consultant.

5. invisik

invisik Member

#5 invisik, May 26, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
    THIS IS THE INCORRECT FORM, see below for the correct one--but also check with your local CPA/tax accountant!

I think this might be the form.... (my credit does go on until next tax season) Can someone confirm?

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8834.pdf

-m

6. jak

jak Member

7. Barry

Barry Member

I agree, jak. The Tesla is a "pretty buggy." :smile:

8. invisik

invisik Member

Thanks for clarifying, jak. I'll edit my post to reduce confusion in the thread.

-m

9. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Is this an attempt to simply ridicule the OP for typing "no" instead of "know"? Because it's not funny.

10. Rawad H.

Rawad H. Member

Thanks for the updates everyone I appreciate the help, unfortunately my consultant is one of those guys who thinks he is better then you and won't give you the time of the day so I will definitely be going with someone else or doing it myself, and thx for the help JAK! Didn't KNOW I WERE in ANGLISH class.

11. jacobp

jacobp Member

Your accountant is an idiot. Fire him, get a new one, and I'd suggest having the new one check your old returns for errors.

12. jak

jak Member

Some find it funny; you just happen to "knot" find if funny. Just answering the OP's question in a similar fashion, which is "fare". :rolleyes: hahah

13. Crispix

Crispix Member

Seriously recommend a new accountant. You're paying for expertise in a specific area and he clearly doesn't have it. What if he's making other errors that would save you more money?