Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turbo tax question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this question was asked before but my tax consultant apparently dosent no much of anything about the ev tax credit and told me it is a deduction not a credit so I would like to do it myself, has anyone been able to successfully get the ev tax credit through turbo tax?

It is a tax credit...I did mine using TurboTax very easily, I just had to wait for them to have the form available. But the app told me and held my return until they added it, and they sent me an email letting me know I could complete my return.

Got my EV tax CREDIT via the non-web version of TurboTax. I "red some wear" that the web version, which is still relatively "knew" to Intuit, was pretty buggy with regards to the EV tax credit and customers had their submissions rejected "do" 2 this bug not submitting the required tax form (8936). But the "re-tell" version got it "write".

I agree with Lloyd.... time to dump your tax consultant.

Got my EV tax CREDIT via the non-web version of TurboTax. I "red some wear" that the web version, which is still relatively "knew" to Intuit, was pretty buggy with regards to the EV tax credit and customers had their submissions rejected "do" 2 this bug not submitting the required tax form (8936). But the "re-tell" version got it "write".

Is this an attempt to simply ridicule the OP for typing "no" instead of "know"? Because it's not funny.

Thanks for the updates everyone I appreciate the help, unfortunately my consultant is one of those guys who thinks he is better then you and won't give you the time of the day so I will definitely be going with someone else or doing it myself, and thx for the help JAK! Didn't KNOW I WERE in ANGLISH class.

Sorry if this question was asked before but my tax consultant apparently dosent no much of anything about the ev tax credit and told me it is a deduction not a credit so I would like to do it myself, has anyone been able to successfully get the ev tax credit through turbo tax?

Your accountant is an idiot. Fire him, get a new one, and I'd suggest having the new one check your old returns for errors.