Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn Air-conditioning on Automatically?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks but I'm not sure that touches on what I'm looking for and that is a control setting that will cool the car and the batteries automatically when I'm not in the car and regardless of any other air-conditioning settings.

The batteries basically never need cooling when the car is stationary doing nothing, but if for some reason they do the car will take care of them without any special setting or intervention.

As far as cooling the cabin "automatically", Cabin Overheat Protection is the only option.

Reactions: LJG0053
Upvote 0
Thanks but I'm not sure that touches on what I'm looking for and that is a control setting that will cool the car and the batteries automatically when I'm not in the car and regardless of any other air-conditioning settings.
Cabin overheat protection seems to cover what you want. It is a separate setting not related to normal climate settings and is active when interior exceeds 105 degrees although only lasts 12 hours or until battery drops below 20% which seems reasonable.

Upvote 0