TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Turn-by-turn box on the right, can it be moved to the left side of the screen

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by 9xclubchamp, Jun 13, 2018.

1. 9xclubchamp

9xclubchamp Member

The TBT nav box is located on the left side of the nav screen on the S and X. I find it very difficult to see on the far right side of the screen and is distracting and dangerous. Is there a way to relocate the TBT box to the left?

• Like x 1
  2. TT97

TT97 Member

No. (but plenty of people have commented the same issue so who knows in the future)

3. mtndrew1

mtndrew1 Member

I would greatly prefer it was on the left. I would also like a much lighter background in the area where the time and temperature and such are shown; as it is now the information often gets lost in the map details behind it.

• Like x 1
  4. S3XY

S3XY Active Member

I have the same wish for the alphabetic index for the USB media player. It would be much easier to read and to reach if it were on the left.

5. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

I don't disagree but rarely look at the turn by turn directions. Looking at the map and listening are really all I need.
    I know this request has come up many times but would be interested in knowing how often and why do you read the directions?
    With the much larger display in the Model 3 then I've ever had in other cars I find looking at the map has pretty much eliminated reading the directions.

6. alcibiades

alcibiades Member

You shouldn't be looking at the screen. You should be looking at the road.

Is what Tesla will say if you get in a terrible crash.