Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn by turn directions lost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m having a strange issue with V9 navigation. It seems as though all the highway changes and exits are missing from the turn by turn instructions. Almost like they planned for AP to do all those action and so the first turn mentioned are the exit to surface roads and minor road turns thereafter.

Wha?!

I’m having a strange issue with V9 navigation. It seems as though all the highway changes and exits are missing from the turn by turn instructions. Almost like they planned for AP to do all those action and so the first turn mentioned are the exit to surface roads and minor road turns thereafter.

Wha?!

Ok I don’t know how to explain this clearly but on Version 9 you only get the full list of turn by turn directions if you are in the Nav view that displays the entire trip. If you’re showing the north on top view or the heading up view you only get the next turn.

One possible advantage is that in those latter modes you don’t have so much screen space taken by the directions and can see more of the map. I think that’s an improvement, mostly.

Bruce.

Reactions: quickstrike12
Thanks Bruce. I did discover that but it still didn’t list the freeway changes. I will play with it more on other trips, but it really seems somewhere between broken and amateurish compared to what we had.

I made a round trip from Sacramento to Concord yesterday. On the way to Concord the nav just showed only the next nav point. On the way back I got the full turn by turn and I wasn’t zoomed out. It was zoomed in like normal. I have no idea how I got it to stay that way. I was plugged into a supercharger at the time when I was entering my destination. I also had music showing at the bottom in both the minimum display size. I’m making another trip later today so I will try a few things to see if it’s possible to reproduce.

I haven't used the nav much in V9 so I'm not sure about the map display restrictions. However, it did say to tap ( or I think swipe down on) the navigation instructions to display the full list (and I think the percent charge at destination was part of that as well). So try a tap on the nav instructions box to expand or shrink them.

I'm thinking we need a "Reasons to not update to V9" thread. :)

My reason (until I figure out if I am not doing something right) is every time I get in the car the default climate setting seems to be for “fresh” air not “recirculate”. Would be better if as I think it was before v9 and it definitely was in every other car I’ve had that the default fresh/recirc is whatever you had it set at when you stopped the car.

I haven't used the nav much in V9 so I'm not sure about the map display restrictions. However, it did say to tap ( or I think swipe down on) the navigation instructions to display the full list (and I think the percent charge at destination was part of that as well). So try a tap on the nav instructions box to expand or shrink them.
What everyone has found is that doing this also zooms the map display out to show the entire trip. Zooming back in forces the turn by turn list to shrink back as well.

I made another trip this afternoon. I tried everything I could think of to get the Nav to keep the turn by turn list expanded while also having the nav screen zoomed in showing the area where I'm driving and not zoomed out showing the entire trip. I somehow got this to work this way yesterday but have no idea how I managed to do it. I tried every way I could think of and nothing I did would work the way I wanted. Sorry. Was hoping to be able to post a step-by-step of how to do it.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: kavyboy