Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn off Automatic Door at Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the automatic opening doors feature turned off on both the old and new Model X for the same reason. As soon as you drive in the garage with the other car, it opens the door all the way just right when you pull in.....

Having this as an option to be turned off for home location would be great as the automatic doors are a nice feature that I had to turn off 6 years ago....

I agree very annoying, but shouldn't it eventually auto-close itself after it opens? I have a MY and plan to park my MX right next to it. I constantly go back and forth through my garage with my phone in my pocket. I anticipate this happening to me A LOT.

I agree very annoying, but shouldn't it eventually auto-close itself after it opens? I have a MY and plan to park my MX right next to it. I constantly go back and forth through my garage with my phone in my pocket. I anticipate this happening to me A LOT.
Yes, it will auto-close but without first risking damage/ding when it opens.

Happened to me when pulling in (no hit) and backing in a Model 3 (X door hit the 3s side mirror).

I finally disabled auto door function, smh. 🤦‍♂️

My garage is too messy at the moment to park a second car (it would either be my S or my 3) in the adjacent spot, but even with one car in the garage, it's mildly dangerous. Just walking back and forth, the doors auto open and a few times I've walked right into the door. The last time it happened, I was carrying my son as I walked by and the car unexpectedly opened the door and I bruised up my hand when I walked right into the edge of the door. That's when I finally disabled it.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Spoke to service manager at local service center. He said he has seen the behavior and it is annoying. Suggested as many of us as possible write to [email protected] and maybe if enough folks write for exclude option, they could implement it. He said that's the only way to get Tesla's attention, or tweet to Elon. That's customer service I guess.
Dun.
Screenshot_20221014_052524.jpg

When I got my first Model X in 2016, the first thing I requested from tesla support and tweeting EM was to exclude my home when “Walk-Away Door Lock” is enabled, because I don’t need my car locked in my garage. It wasn’t until 2020 (having my 2nd X for 2 years) the feature was finally added. Good luck with your request!