Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn off passenger side dash vent

IraSch

Aug 7, 2020
New Jersey
I thought there was already a thread on this subject, but I couldn't find it so maybe it was on another forum. Anyway:

Why isn't there any way to turn off the passenger dash vent in the Model Y? The car will already turn off that vent when no passenger is sitting there, so the capability to separately control the fans is there now. Why can't it be done manually when a passenger is there? Software update?

Reactions: WilsonLam

BreatheEasier

Mar 26, 2020
Northern Virginia
I thought there was already a thread on this subject, but I couldn't find it so maybe it was on another forum. Anyway:

Why isn't there any way to turn off the passenger dash vent in the Model Y? The car will already turn off that vent when no passenger is sitting there, so the capability to separately control the fans is there now. Why can't it be done manually when a passenger is there? Software update?

There is no way currently, but some of us with irritated significant others in the passenger seat, hope this option is added in a future update.

MMBTUS

Sep 12, 2018
Palm Beach County Florida
There is no way currently, but some of us with irritated significant others in the passenger seat, hope this option is added in a future update.
Maybe worth trying: I’ve learned that the passenger vent can be turned on when no passenger is seated by touching the passenger vent when controls are displayed on screen. I would see if it can be turned off by touching that vent when displayed.

BearDog

Mar 26, 2021
CA Bay Area
Maybe worth trying: I’ve learned that the passenger vent can be turned on when no passenger is seated by touching the passenger vent when controls are displayed on screen. I would see if it can be turned off by touching that vent when displayed.
I've tried this and I can't turn off the passenger vent. Really hoping they enable this in a future update.

aronth5

Long Time Follower
May 8, 2010
Boston Suburb
Why you not just direct the flow on the passenger side towards the roof or side if it is bothersome for the passenger?
Because that still doesn't eliminate the passenger feeling some air flow. My wife constantly complains about this regardless of where you position the vents. 100% of ICE cars can accomplish this so eventually Tesla will add this as a feature.

Reactions: ratsbew

Pianewman

Oct 28, 2020
Fort Worth
Uhh...well...if the ..."irritated significant other..." isn't comfortable, the back seat reclines to a very comfortable position.
Back seat reclines, but...the...bumpiness is a problem. My wife, in the back seat, " Wow. If I were in an airplane and felt this, I'd be worried!"

...sigh...coilovers added to the list...$3k more...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC