Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn off passenger vent option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In July 2020 one of the updates allowed for having the passenger vent not on when nobody is sitting in the passenger seat. In fact, that was the default when you started. However, that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore, and I’m not sure if it’s still possible to turn off the passenger vent when no one is sitting there. Maybe I’m missing something…?

In July 2020 one of the updates allowed for having the passenger vent not on when nobody is sitting in the passenger seat. In fact, that was the default when you started. However, that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore, and I’m not sure if it’s still possible to turn off the passenger vent when no one is sitting there. Maybe I’m missing something…?
You’re not. It seems to be missing after an update. What Tesla giveth, Tesla can also taketh away.

2020 LRYMY, release 2022.16.2

Normally when entering my Model Y in warm weather both driver and passenger vents are active (even with no one seated in the passenger seat, nothing on seat besides my cap.)

While still parked, when I press and hold the passenger side temperature display the HVAC turns off. When I press the driver side temperature display area the HVAC turns on (both vents turn on.

After I shift into Drive if I press and hold the passenger side temperature display (same drill as before) the HVAC turns off. However, when I tap the drive side temperature setting only the driver side vent turns on.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

Reactions: Cavity