Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn on heated steering wheel by itself (no HVAC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, I read the manual about the heated steering wheel and it doesn't really mention it but I thought I would just post here just in case I missed something.

WWhen you turn on the heated steering wheel, the entire HVAC turns on too. That means it starts blowing hot air. However I have a black on black model y, and it is always toasty in here.

Is there a way for me to just turn on the heated steering wheel by itself without running the hot air?

The reason I want to do this is because it is already pretty warm in the tesla, except for my hands, and I want to turn on just the heated steering wheel in order to save some power for range

Hi there, I read the manual about the heated steering wheel and it doesn't really mention it but I thought I would just post here just in case I missed something.

WWhen you turn on the heated steering wheel, the entire HVAC turns on too. That means it starts blowing hot air. However I have a black on black model y, and it is always toasty in here.

Is there a way for me to just turn on the heated steering wheel by itself without running the hot air?

The reason I want to do this is because it is already pretty warm in the tesla, except for my hands, and I want to turn on just the heated steering wheel in order to save some power for range
Use the scroll wheel voice command "turn on steering wheel heater" and it should turn it on without turning on the rest of climate. It doesn't look like you can do it from the app though.

Agree. Need a way to manually turn the steering wheel heat on and off without activating the a/c. Too many steps, distracting right now. I know about voice commands.