Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn on rear fog lights only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

So I've owned my Model 3 P for about 3 months now, and one of the features I miss from my previous (ICE) vehicle is the ability to turn on front and rear fog lights independently. I never used my front fog lights in the past, since the headlights these days are so good at coverage. But during any inclement weather, having the ability to turn on the rear fog lights exclusively always gave me a lot of peace of mind (especially on the highway).

From perusing my Tesla's vehicle menu and "googling around", it seems that at the moment (with software version 2023.12.5), we are only able to flip all fog lights on or off, and not able to independently turn on front vs rear. Does this sound correct to everyone here?

Assuming that is correct (and this is really why I am starting this thread), does anyone here know how to submit feature ideas/requests to Tesla? (without a social media account)

Along with Joe mode, I hope they still listen to customer feedback, and perhaps there is a established way (that I don't know about yet) to submit simple (but hugely impactful) ideas like this one.

Thanks for any replies in advance,
Rafael

From perusing my Tesla's vehicle menu and "googling around", it seems that at the moment (with software version 2023.12.5), we are only able to flip all fog lights on or off, and not able to independently turn on front vs rear. Does this sound correct to everyone here?
You are not correct. This is a screenshot of my Tesla’s vehicle menu.

IMG_1128.jpeg

It’s quite obvious that you can turn front and rear fogs on and off independently using the very obvious two different buttons.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlyF4
You are not correct. This is a screenshot of my Tesla’s vehicle menu.
Different vehicles with different hardware in different countries will show different options in the vehicle menu.

My Model S doesn't even have fog lights (when I bought it they were an option I didn't get) and hence no option to turn them on.

Last edited:
My NEW England model Y doesn't have a rear fog option. i suspect that is a European option, say in OLD England..

tldr; there might be a confusion based on sub-forum...
OP seemed to be convinced they have rear fogs fitted 🤷‍♂️ far be it from me to suggest that US spec cars don’t generally have rear fog lights at all as there’s no Federal law stipulating their fitment…

Obviously if rear fogs aren’t fitted they won’t be able to be turned on 😀

Reactions: kayak1
Hello,
Actually US-spec. Model Y does have the physical rear fog light within the trail light assembly (right next to reverse light). However, rear foglight is not enabled in the software here in US. From everything I’ve read so far, only Model X have the rear fog light function enable in US. Hopefully Tesla will eventually enable this function for all.

Below is my 2022 MYP during light show:

IMG_0165.jpeg

I have some answers about rear fog lights. All 2022 and newer Teslas come with the rear fog lights as shown in the youtube video above.
I have an early 22 Model Y LR, in the US. I don't have the rear fog light button on screen, as shown in the 4th post - he must have a Model S or X.
But - the S3XY buttons add the rear fog light option. They are are well worth the price, they add a ton of cool features to the Tesla. The best feature is Drift mode PRO - it lets you use the rear wheels only and turns off all safety/traction controls, lets you do donuts and drift around corners, works great in snow, with no wear on the tires. Another cool feature is the ability to turn regen off completely, or in 25% increments. I use the 50% regen toggle, very handy in snow, you don't always want 100% regen, it can make the car fishtail if letting off the accelerator too fast in snow.

With the S3XY buttons you can program 3 functions per button. Here are the settings I use for my 4 buttons:
Button 1.
single press - rear fog lights on/off
double press - quick double honk
long press - pop open rear passenger door
Button 2.
single press - voice command (for my kid in back seat to play a song)
long press - All interior lights on/off
Button 3.
single press - open glovebox
long press - All interior lights on/off
Button 4.
single press - 50% regen toggle (useful in snow)
double press - slip start mode
long press - Drift Mode PRO