Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn Signal Behavior - Bug or "Feature"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scenario :

I am driving on a busy street and want to parallel park. I see someone is leaving.

I pull my car to the side and turn my signal on so cars can go around me.

I engage reverse so the driver sitting in their car can see my reverse lights are on and I want their spot.

* The turn signal turns off *

I full-tap the turn signal again.

* The turn signal flashes 3 times and turns off *

That's right - there is no way to leave a turn signal engaged while in reverse.

WTF?? Is this a bug?

Sorry for hijacking a turn signal thread but can we get a different sound when the blinker is on the 3 blink or unlimited blink. I hate coming to a stop sign only to realize my blinker stopped and is now confusing people.

It's a bug. Or if it's intentional, it's new. I've had my TM3P for over a year, and the most recent update broke the "turn signal on reverse". I use it every day when I back out of a parking spot (as should everyone). I hope they fix this soon, it's a pain to continuously engage the turn signal as I'm backing-out at an angle.

It's a bug. Or if it's intentional, it's new. I've had my TM3P for over a year, and the most recent update broke the "turn signal on reverse". I use it every day when I back out of a parking spot (as should everyone). I hope they fix this soon, it's a pain to continuously engage the turn signal as I'm backing-out at an angle.

That is interesting. I have never used a turn signal in reverse and have never seen anyone use it. :)

That is interesting. I have never used a turn signal in reverse and have never seen anyone use it. :)
Lemme guess... You're 'merican?

I use it everyday when reversing (unless I'm backing up completely straight). It's no different than when you're going forward, the idea is to be extremely predictable and be courteous to other drivers by letting them know what your intentions are, I wish America would learn that.

Anyway, more importantly the bug is fixed in the newest update. Your blinker will stay on when in reverse until you go straight or turn it off manually.

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic