Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn signal display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to say, but this is not a question it’s a statement. The turn signal blind spot video is great, the only problem I see is that the position of the display on the bottom left on the screen can sometimes be a problem. If you drive with your right hand your arm has a tendency to block the screen when you really need it. Since it’s only on for about a minute, a better place would be the top left side of the screen.

In the months since the blind-spot camera was added, I've come to really appreciate having it, especially for changing into the right lane as it's harder to check the blind-spot going that direction.

I too think the display should be moved up since it's too often blocked by my right hand, but I think it might be bound by the UI's design "logic" to be connected to the bottom of the screen. My theory is that since this display can be dismissed by swiping down, they need to connect it to the bottom of the screen. V11 is actually pretty consistent about this (I believe everything in V11 that can be swiped down are connected to the bottom of the screen), so if they moved it up, either the dismiss feature would be gone, or they need to put in a "X" at the upper left corner to dismiss the blind-spot display, which would not be as good as swiping down but I guess better than nothing. Regardless, I hope it gets moved up somewhere on the screen in the future so it doesn't get blocked by my hand often.

Reactions: csrpenfab
Upvote 0
This is ridiculous... They let you change location of the camera by long pressing and dragging, but they don't allow the bottom right corner?! All 3 other corners have important information that gets covered by the side view camera feed... The bottom right is usually not showing anything important, why can't I move it to that corner????

Lol but seriously, I do not understand...

Upvote 0
Tguillea: I don't see the need to see the "important information that gets covered by the side view camera feed" while I'm changing lanes..

I don't understand why you think looking at the lower far right corner of the screen would be useful. It's way off your straight-ahead line of sight.

Not while changing lanes. While sitting at a light in a left turn lane, knowing I have at least 60 seconds until the light will change in my favour and the cars in front of me will clear, there's info on the screen in places that I'd like to see.

Reactions: Pianewman
Upvote 0
Not while changing lanes. While sitting at a light in a left turn lane, knowing I have at least 60 seconds until the light will change in my favour and the cars in front of me will clear, there's info on the screen in places that I'd like to see.
Close the camera window then. The camera isn’t really useful for waiting at a turn at a light.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Upvote 0