Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn signal display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to say, but this is not a question it’s a statement. The turn signal blind spot video is great, the only problem I see is that the position of the display on the bottom left on the screen can sometimes be a problem. If you drive with your right hand your arm has a tendency to block the screen when you really need it. Since it’s only on for about a minute, a better place would be the top left side of the screen.

I hate to say, but this is not a question it’s a statement. The turn signal blind spot video is great, the only problem I see is that the position of the display on the bottom left on the screen can sometimes be a problem. If you drive with your right hand your arm has a tendency to block the screen when you really need it. Since it’s only on for about a minute, a better place would be the top left side of the screen.
Agreed. It really is in the wrong place (in my opinion). Also. If there is a car in that blind spot, the pop up video hides the picture of a red vehicle in that lane

Reactions: buddhafree
Upvote 0
I’m sure they thought of this situation already but probably having the screen at the top left interferes with the necessary driving info such as autopilot, speed, gear and more. Placing it on the bottom was probably just easier to put since it used to have other info there such as air pressure and trip data. I want it on the top left but I doubt they will do anything about it.

This is why I bought wide side mirrors instead.

Upvote 0
While it's "cool", it's terrible and dare I say 110% useless placement makes it just that as well as completely and illogically dangerous for turning/merging left.

It should be removed for safety reasons alone. It only detracts from the driveability of the car.
So don’t enable it?

It is an optional feature. If your preference is to not have it then turn it off. Don’t have it “removed for safety reasons” because you don’t like it.

I personally have a no merge area on-ramp in my morning commute, followed by that lane becoming exit only a quarter mile later and needing an additional left merge. I have been hoping for something like this.

It really helps with that second lane change where my SA is already low on traffic and visibility is tough to the rear. I always physically look left but this is a great QC.

Upvote 1
This has fascinated me as well as my right hand does block half of the lower driving display. I tried to drag the camera display, it almost looks like a floating window, but that of course didn't work. It doesn't even need to move up all the way to the top of the screen, but just under the speed and beside the light indicators would be fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
agreed, Tesla please update.

Upvote 0
I've found the blind spot camera to be a bit more useful than I anticipated, but I agree the placement is probably at the worst spot on the entire screen. Either moving it up on the FSD realization side or up on the map side (or better yet, blow it up and take up the entire map side) would be much better. Hopefully they change the blind spot image placement sometime down the line.

Upvote 0
My main use for it was to know when AP/FSD turned on the turn signal since they're so quiet it's hard to hear them.

one odd thing I noticed - they made it hard for me to know which direction signal was on. Obviously if I turn the signal on myself I know, but when the car does it on FSD it sometimes makes mistakes. When I look at the green arrows at the top of the screen I can see that they're off to one side, albeit not terribly far separated, but on a quick glance I found it hard to tell which one was on. After turning the blind spot cameras off I didn't have any problems so I'm guessing the image of the side of the car was creating a bit of an illusion that confused my brain?

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Upvote 0
This has fascinated me as well as my right hand does block half of the lower driving display. I tried to drag the camera display, it almost looks like a floating window, but that of course didn't work. It doesn't even need to move up all the way to the top of the screen, but just under the speed and beside the light indicators would be fine.
I agree 100% and there is plenty of room in the upper third of the screen

Upvote 0
FYI - in case you want to leave the turn-signal video feature enabled, but need to get rid of it when it's in the way... just swipe down on the video and it goes away until the next time you use the turn signal.
Totally something I want to do while merging, changing lanes, or fleeing the school bully of Springfield.

Some things should just not be on a center display below the dash line requiring the driver to take their eyes off the road around them.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Upvote 0
I like to have blind spot cameras but don't like that they obstructs top view that shows cars around me. The top view is more useful IMO especially at night. I turned off blind spot cameras for now. I hope they find a better place for the cameras (closer to the top of the screen or on the right side).

Upvote 0
T
I like to have blind spot cameras but don't like that they obstructs top view that shows cars around me. The top view is more useful IMO especially at night. I turned off blind spot cameras for now. I hope they find a better place for the cameras (closer to the top of the screen or on the right side).
Top left corner overlay of the map area would be best, to be honest. Same with text messages and other alerts.

Reactions: buddhafree
Upvote 0
So don’t enable it?

It is an optional feature. If your preference is to not have it then turn it off.
^^^This. Or as I do, don’t bother looking at it. I’ve chosen to leave it on mostly to see how it evolves in future updates…but after decades of driving I’m far too used to actually looking outside the vehicle to see who is about to hit me. And looking at a display down and right to clear the way for a lane change or turn to the left is both not logical nor effective for me. I find the nearby objects/cars in red on the display more useful.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Upvote 0