Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn signal lane change w/ autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve seen some posts and videos of people using their turn signal to initiate an “autopilot” lane change. I’m not seeing that capability with my Mod3, 2019.20.4.4. I don’t have FSD and I’m wondering if those references are meaning FSD instead of autopilot. Is this supposed to be a capability of regular autopilot?

When they did the Autopilot options update a few months ago and got rid of Enhanced AP, they made TACC and Autosteer standard and rolled everything into FSD.

The lane changes (even the user initiated ones) are now part of FSD.

Wow, seriously? A very basic 2014 AP1 feature is now FSD? Man, Tesla's trying too hard to make FSD mean something when it still doesn't
Tesla is moving "features" to the FSD category so they can move $$$$ into the "earned" category for financial purposes. Kinda stinks how it gets slid under the table and changed as time marches on. I just wonder if they can start taking those $$$$ as earned income and not reserved income on older cars that were not sold the same "definition" of FSD as newer cars. hmmmmmmmmm

Tesla is moving "features" to the FSD category so they can move $$$$ into the "earned" category for financial purposes. Kinda stinks how it gets slid under the table and changed as time marches on. I just wonder if they can start taking those $$$$ as earned income and not reserved income on older cars that were not sold the same "definition" of FSD as newer cars. hmmmmmmmmm
Why would it "stink" - if they clarify the meaning of FSD ? They can't move old revenue got under a different definition. Auditors shouldn't/wouldn't allow that.

So the car will follow the lane and take curves in the road (autosteer), but even user initiated lane changes have to be done manually under the "new" Autopilot? I assume that taking control of the wheel to change lanes does not pull it out of Autopilot (like it does now with legacy EAP).