Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn Signal Not Cancelling Autopilot-Sometimes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Radlaw

Charles
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2018
San Diego California
When I'm on navigation and autopilot (I do not have NOA) and turn the turn signal full on, it does not cancel autopilot. However, if NOT on navigation and autopilot, it does cancel autopilot. Is that how it's supposed to work? If so, why? I would think it would cancel autopilot in both instances. What am I missing?

I have noticed it too. Not sure if there is any valid reason for it or just a bug. I have also noticed the turn signal some times not disengaging after 3 cycles even when i did the half push. More bugs i suppose.

@hydro 481 on cars without full AP, when on auto steer, turn signal is supposed to disengage auto steer, so you can turn manually without having to over power auto steer. Also, you can disengage AP entirely if you push the AP stalk up.

• Informative
Reactions: hydro 481
When I'm on navigation and autopilot (I do not have NOA) and turn the turn signal full on, it does not cancel autopilot. However, if NOT on navigation and autopilot, it does cancel autopilot. Is that how it's supposed to work?
According to my experience during thousands of miles of Model 3 ownership, you use the gear selector stalk to cancel (and initiate) AP. I was not aware that activating the turn signal cancelled AP.
With AP the turn signal has never disabled AP or lane keeping. It DOES drastically reduce the force needed to break it though.
I was not aware of that either!

When I'm on navigation and autopilot (I do not have NOA) and turn the turn signal full on, it does not cancel autopilot. However, if NOT on navigation and autopilot, it does cancel autopilot. Is that how it's supposed to work? If so, why? I would think it would cancel autopilot in both instances. What am I missing?

I rarely use navigation and often use autosteer (no EAP/FSD), and I feel like the turn signal cancels autosteer maybe 3 times out of 4. Does seem like a minor bug.

I have noticed it too. Not sure if there is any valid reason for it or just a bug. I have also noticed the turn signal some times not disengaging after 3 cycles even when i did the half push. More bugs i suppose.

@hydro 481 on cars without full AP, when on auto steer, turn signal is supposed to disengage auto steer, so you can turn manually without having to over power auto steer. Also, you can disengage AP entirely if you push the AP stalk up.
What do you mean by 'full AP'?