TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Turn Signal Problems

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by UMD86, Mar 22, 2013.

1. UMD86

UMD86 Member

#1 UMD86, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    Received my "S" 2 days ago. Everything is fine except my turn signals. They do not blink in a steady pattern. The blink in a very uneven sequence. Also when I use them to change lanes (the quick 3 blink) if never works. Does anyone else have/had this problem?

2. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

I didn't have the exact same problem but many turn signal problems have been reported. I had a similar problem and 4.3 fixed it completely.

Funky Turn Signal Mouse Flatulence

3. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Are you speaking of the interior indicators, or the exterior turn signals themselves? 4.2 seemed to have a "memory leak" that would result in the interior indicators flashing oddly, but the exterior signals still worked as expected.

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I have the problem the OP reports. Very erratic cadence to the flashing, green background behind the arrow goes on and off and it is the interior indicator, clicking sound and exterior lights (as seen reflected in the car in front of me). In my case, only the left turn signal and only when the headlights are off. I've just been too busy to call the SC about it yet.

5. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

This IS exactly what I had. 4.3 fixed it immediately, and completely.

6. UMD86

UMD86 Member

Both were not working properly (Interior and Exterior).

- - - Updated - - -

It started with the LEFT Signal and now Both are doing to same thing. Hoping 4.3 will fix mine.

7. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Cool. I hope they push 4.3 to me soon because to be honest, I feel a little embarrassed at traffic lights turning left :redface:

8. UMD86

UMD86 Member

Me too!!