Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn signal screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have three cameras appear ( left, rear, and right, split screen) every time the turning signals are activated at the TOP of the screen.
I used to always put up the camera display prior to using my blinker, that way I would get all 3 camera views. I think this new feature now, is more gimmicky than useful, considering where Tesla placed the screen. I'm turning this feature off and going back to what always did before, besides it's better to have a view of the rear as well as the sides, when changing lanes.

“Have three cameras appear ( left, rear, and right, split screen) every time the turning signals are activated at the TOP of the screen.”
——-

This is available, at least to some degree, by manually turning on the rear camera from the screen, and then swiping up. All three camera views can stay on the whole time you’re driving if you choose.

Personally, I don't really care. It offers no information that I can't get from my properly adjusted mirrors. I have it on for now but not sure if I'll Ieave it on. Kinda distracting in a way
curious, how do you turn the turn signal camera “off” or “on”? In our M3, its “on” for two driver profiles, but “off” for one. Cant find any on/off option. Thanks

You should NOT have any blind spots with your mirrors, if they are adjusted properly.
A non-video description of this:
cleanup-blindspots-photo-519796-s-original.jpg

However, the Model 3 side mirrors seem to be rather small, so adjustment must be done carefully and precisely to ensure coverage of what is typically the overlapping blind spot. It is also possible that an adjustment that covers the overlapping blind spot can leave a non-overlapping blind spot just behind.

Regarding the camera display when the turn signal is on, at least for the right turn signal, putting it in the upper right of the screen puts is closer to the line of sight between the driver and right side mirror, compared to the current location in the lower left of the screen.

I learned a long time ago that you shouldn't see the side of your car, in the side mirrors, if you want to remove the blind spot. But because people don't know how to adjust their mirrors is why the auto industry came up with warning indicators. People are lazy and technology makes us even more lazy. Most of us don't even remember phone numbers anymore, thanks to cell phones. And soon enough we won't know how to drive when self driving cars becomes the norm. :)