Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn signal screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a good update but i wish there was an option to turn the whole screen to show the camera instead of the small one.
The last thing I would want to do is move my eyes from the road while changing lanes or turning. Looking down onto the screen, for anything, is a major distraction.
I don't use use the screen for rear view camera mode for that reasons, except when slowly reversing on a parking lot.
Similarly, I don't see any upside in relying on screen side-camera views while actively driving.

To each, his own.

a

This is a good update but i wish there was an option to turn the whole screen to show the camera instead of the small one.
Another option would be to have it located on the top of the screen. It’s current location is useless at best and actually dangerous because you can’t see it when glancing to visually verify there are no cars in the adjacent lane. You currently need to move arm and look down!

The proper way to change a lane, or make a turn, is 1. look into the rearview mirror, 2. look into the sideview mirror, and 3. then quickly move your head around to glance at the blind spot. Any other way, like looking at the screen, is unsafe. And you should not get into the habit of doing so. The only exception is if you're driving a big truck where checking the blind spot manually isn't possible, or if something inside your vehicle is obstructing your view of the blind spot.

Using the screen as an ADDITIONAL step should be okay. But please don't just rely on the screen.

Reactions: XPsionic
I have it on but never really "look" at it. The location of the screen was not logically placed.
e.g. Making a left lane change, you glance at the left mirror and left shoulder, but also turn your head right and glance at the screen?
Even a right lane change, it is not where your eyesight should be on the screen.

Location is poorly placed. That's why most blind spot warning is on the mirror itself or near the A-pillar where you eyesight should be.

Reactions: pikeman
The proper way to change a lane, or make a turn, is 1. look into the rearview mirror, 2. look into the sideview mirror, and 3. then quickly move your head around to glance at the blind spot. Any other way, like looking at the screen, is unsafe. And you should not get into the habit of doing so. The only exception is if you're driving a big truck where checking the blind spot manually isn't possible, or if something inside your vehicle is obstructing your view of the blind spot.

Using the screen as an ADDITIONAL step should be okay. But please don't just rely on the screen.
What step is using the turn signal?

The current signal screen location ( having to look down at my knee height) is distracting.
Why not eliminate all the multiple steps and having to turn your head several times.

Have three cameras appear ( left, rear, and right, split screen) every time the turning signals are activated at the TOP of the screen.

One slight turn of your head and you've seen it all and you can add looking over your shoulder in heavy traffic conditions.