TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Turn signal sound too quiet?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by Meros, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Meros

Meros Member

On my wife's Model 3, the sound from the turn signals is so quiet that we often can't hear it. Does anyone else notice this? When my father test drove the 3, he also commented it was too quiet.

We also have the feature enabled that "dings" when you go over the speed limit (by 5 mph). This ding is significantly louder than the turn signal (and even louder than the ding on my Model S). However, the turn signals on the 3 are much, much quieter than the S.

Is this something everyone is noticing, or it just us?

2. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

3. Skione65

Skione65 Member

@Meros,

The engine is WAAAY too quiet too. (Seriously do you HAVE to hear the turn signal)??? Find your Zen.

Ski

4. DHolmes

DHolmes New Member

I thought so as well on my test drive. We will see if I get used to it when I get mine.

5. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

#5 T34ME, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    My wife and I think the turn signal "click" in every car we have ever driven, including the 3, is not loud enough. But we are both hearing impaired, so there is that. So we drive down the freeway with our blinker on sometimes, which is admittedly a safety hazard (and if you are one of the people giving us the finger, that is not helpful). We do remind each other to cancel the turn signal because we are aware of our handicap. If Tesla were to make the "click" sound louder, there would be a bunch of people who would say it is too loud and try to find a hack to turn it off completely.

What I would like to see in the U.I. is a configurable usability control for sounds, icon size/location, and magnification. I presume this would be rather easy to do, but it just doesn't have a high priority right now. Hopefully sometime in the future with an OTA update.

6. Gavyne

Gavyne Member

Does not seem quiet to me, and I drive with music blasting pretty loud. Also find myself using the soft flick for 3 signal clicks more often so there's no need to remember it's on.

7. TT97

TT97 Member

I am fine with the turn signal volume, the ding when turning off auto-steer is too loud.

8. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

I'd be fine with larger arrow on the screen.

9. AlexanderAF

AlexanderAF Member

It would be nice to have a feature where if you leave your turn signal on too long because of how quiet it is, a mild electric shock is delivered to your balls. I’ll tweet Elon.

• Funny x 3
  10. Runebane

Runebane Member

You could always do the Santa Easter egg, that'll turn up the turn signal volume. Gets annoying after a while though.