Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn the cabin heater on while Plugged in also warms battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have heated my cabin 15min before I left home today. The outside temperature is -15C, inside cabin was -5C. When I drove not only cabin is warm but also no cold battery sign, and my regen brake acts normal.

I left my car in the garage for couple hours , again cabin temperature dropped to -5C. I again turned on the air con for 15min before I drove the car (without plug in). When I drove, the battery still cold and I lost most of my regen brake.

I turn the heat on while plugged in every morning before leaving, and routinely have cold battery and limited regen. But that's on a 120v wall outlet, so maybe the battery heating only happens if the power supply is sufficient.

I turn the heat on while plugged in every morning before leaving, and routinely have cold battery and limited regen. But that's on a 120v wall outlet, so maybe the battery heating only happens if the power supply is sufficient.

Well it's happened to me when I'm hooked up to a 50 amp circuit so I don't think that's the issue.