Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning in car. How do I remove my information?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am turning in my car tomorrow. How do I clear my personal information such as home location, garage codes, Spotify subscription, destinations, etc.?
RTFM. See latest MX version of manual. Erasing Personal Data You can erase all personal data (saved addresses, music favorites, HomeLink programming, etc.) and restore all customized settings to their factory defaults. This is useful when transferring ownership of Model X. Touch Controls > Service > FACTORY RESET. Before erasing, Model X verifies your credentials by prompting you to enter the user name and password associated with your Tesla Account

RTFM. See latest MX version of manual. Erasing Personal Data You can erase all personal data (saved addresses, music favorites, HomeLink programming, etc.) and restore all customized settings to their factory defaults. This is useful when transferring ownership of Model X. Touch Controls > Service > FACTORY RESET. Before erasing, Model X verifies your credentials by prompting you to enter the user name and password associated with your Tesla Account
Thanks. Earlier posts I read said Factory reset left a lot of information behind, like garage door programming, previous destinations, etc.