Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning Live Camera on in the app causes Sentry Mode to become stuck on recording, resulting in hours and hours of video footage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 and I'm on 2021.44.30.21 and Tesla App ver 4.6.0 on an Android system. Whenever I engage Live Camera Mode, usually just out of curiusity to see what's going on around the car, it causes Sentry recording to become stuck on from that point forward. This results in hours and hours if not days of continuous Sentry footage being recorded. I've found that if I turn off Sentry remotely then the continuous recording stops, but it will resume once Sentry is turned back on. The only thing that can stop it is to enter the car and thus to fully awake it from the fault that it is in, have my media storage device become full or just turn off Sentry permanently until I am present again. Anybody else had this problem? I'd like to be able to view the car, mostly just to check on the exterior of the house while I'm away, but then also continue to leave Sentry on afterwards.

Correct. Turning on the live camera mode locks it into a state where Sentry Mode is just constantly recording even though there's absolutely nothing going on around the car. What this results in is sometimes 3000 or 4000 "Sentry Events" with them being partitioned into 2 to 3 minute intervals for hours on end. This eventually fills my 128 Gb storage device after after 1.5 to 2 days and makes cleaning them up a mess as you've either got to reformat the entire drive or delete one by one which takes a while.

So you’re saying there are lots of Sentry Mode alert events, but with no apparent cause. That’s odd. I’m also surprised that the USB is getting full, because the manual says this: “When the internal storage reaches full capacity, new recordings from Alert and Alarm events overwrite the older recordings.”