Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning noise when car is not moving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have the clunking/rubbing noise when turning the wheels all the way left/right while the car is not moving? I get this very loud noise during 3 point turn maneuvers. I attributed it to the brake pads shifting position. But i dont get this in my other cars.

Anyone have the clunking/rubbing noise when turning the wheels all the way left/right while the car is not moving? I get this very loud noise during 3 point turn maneuvers. I attributed it to the brake pads shifting position. But i dont get this in my other cars.
I have it on mine, don't even have to turn the wheels all the way. Sounds sort of like front breaks grinding. Was also wondering if this is normal.

I get a squeaky/cranky/grind kinda thing in my S when turning sharply/parking. The techie drove with me to listen and said it was normal.
I also had a loaner that did the same thing. It reminds me of old bones. My music usually is louder.

There was a steering rack bulletin (something about a washer?) for Model S for this issue that I had fixed on my previous 85D. Same exact symptoms. Just take it into the SC and you can specifically mention the bulletin if you want. Good luck!