Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning off animation of cars passing on console screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how to stop the animation of traffic in adjacent lanes on the console screen? I find it really distracting. I don't mind so much the lane markers, or even traffic cones, appearing beside my car avatar. It is the sudden animated cars and trucks that whiz by that jolts my attention. Seems unnecessary to show these since I'm already seeing them through the windows.

I understand all the details you mention about the car avatar and how it is used. I like that the car ahead turns read at certain times. And that identified objects appear as I approach them. That is NOT what I'm addressing here. The only thing I have an issue with is the cars and trucks whishing by my car's avatar. That is the thing that is distracting. The fast movement on the screen. That part of the animation should be removed, or at least be able to be turned off.

I understand all the details you mention about the car avatar and how it is used. I like that the car ahead turns read at certain times. And that identified objects appear as I approach them. That is NOT what I'm addressing here. The only thing I have an issue with is the cars and trucks whishing by my car's avatar. That is the thing that is distracting. The fast movement on the screen. That part of the animation should be removed, or at least be able to be turned off.

This is an easy one. Drive faster.

I agree with you, though. I think the animation is just plain silly. It was impressive during the test drive period, but afterward, pretty useless. I already SEE what's around me, a split second BEFORE it shows up on the screen, including cars that are in my blind spot. Seriously, if I'm concerned about my left side blind spot, why would I look to my right to check it? It makes no sense.

Before and After. Little cardboard cut outs will do the trick. ;)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 649
  • tempsnip.png
    tempsnip.png
    657.6 KB · Views: 52