Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning Off Sentry Mode Sounds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
I understand that using this setting prevents Sentry Mode from honking the horn, which is great because I hated that it did this whenever someone walked by my car. But will it still play the loud music if someone breaks in? Reading what it says in the settings, it kind of sounds like the music won't play.

I’ve never had sentry mode make any sounds when walking by other teslas or triggering my own sentry mode…
You're correct it didn't honk unless the alarm went off, my mistake. But it did used to flash the headlights on my 2018 LR Model 3. Now with firmware 2023.7.10 (FSD beta v11.4.2), the headlights pulse and there is a setting option so it doesn't honk. So I'm trying to understand if that setting also stops the loud classical music that is played when the car is broken into.

The manual says “To silence the security alarm and audio system when the alarm is triggered, navigate to Controls > Safety > Disable Sentry Sounds. When enabled, Sentry Mode still sends a notification through the mobile app and saves the last 10 minutes footage,” so I assume there’s no music or other noise when this option is used.

Hello, I have the problem with flies constantly triggering the alarm.
I tried to find the feature: Controls > Safety > Disable Sentry Sounds,
as written in the manual, but it is nowhere to find (up-to-date software July 2023).
If someone finds it, I would be glad to see a screenshot :)