Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning off the translucent grayed TACC/Autosteer speed indicator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
With 50.1, stoplight visualizations are hidden under this grayed indicator (when TACC/Autosteer is not active), just below the speedometer - until you get really close to the stop lights themselves. I figure this must be an "operator error" as it would be kind of "sloppy" if one couldn't turn this off, no? The stoplight visualizations are pretty small already, at distance, and to have them hidden under this translucent grayed indicator only makes matters worse.

So, how do you turn this translucent grayed speed indicator "off" when not using TACC/Autosteer????

P.S. Happy Holidays to all!

I don’t believe you can. That icon is there to indicate AP is “available” to turn on. If your cameras are blocked or for whatever reason AP can’t be enabled, it will disappear. So all three icon states have meaning:
- missing: AP not available
- grey: AP available but not engaged
- blue: AP engaged

I don’t believe you can. That icon is there to indicate AP is “available” to turn on. If your cameras are blocked or for whatever reason AP can’t be enabled, it will disappear. So all three icon states have meaning:
- missing: AP not available
- grey: AP available but not engaged
- blue: AP engaged
Maybe Tesla can move the location of this indicator, in a future release, as not to interfere with new stop light visualizations, then?