Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning on Autosteer Re-sets Cruise Control Speed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's say I'm on the highway with a posted speed limit of 75mph. I turn on cruise control and set it to 70mph. Some time later I turn on autosteer. The car then changes my cruise control set speed to 75mph.

A few questions for all you guys:
  1. If cruise speed has already been set, why does turning on autosteer change it?
  2. Autosteer or no autosteer, is there no way to 'resume speed' instead of 'set speed' for the cruise control?
  3. This behavior seems to have started after the v10.2 (2020.36.10) update. Has anyone else had similar experience?

As a new owner this annoys me and is the topic of another thread labeled “Cruise Control Sucks”.
Cruise control sucks

Thanks, I took a look. It seems he's having some issues with the cruise control behavior but I didn't see anything like the problem I'm having. Worth adding to the list I guess. Seems to me all these complaints could be solved by having the appropriate options in the settings menu.

Just an update for anyone who comes across this post through a search. Effective today it looks like this has reverted to it's normal, expected behavior. Now when you enable autosteer it will maintain the current cruise control speed instead of setting a new cruise control speed.

This is on 2020.44.10.1
In the settings I have "set cruise control to posted speed limit" with an offset of 0mph.