Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning on ones battery setup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

h2ofun

Aug 11, 2020
auburn, ca
So, has anyone takes some steps to enable their new GW/PW setup on their own, or just let the installer do it all?

I maybe bad, but I just sent the info to Tesla for my two gateways. I tried to log into the GW, but says something is wrong. I am assuming Tesla has not registered my gateways to my email. And having two accounts maybe a real pain.

I love having my gateways hardwired. NO wifi junk. I have the cables now run to my two SE inverters also, but not fully connected yet.

I havent read of anyone trying to activate it with tesla themselves. Thats the installers job, and they normally do it when they complete the installation. We have been told in the past that one needs to be an installer to activate them (so for example, you are not supposed to be able to have a non tesla energy certified electrician install a powerwall and then call to get it activated yourself).

I doubt many have tried to activate it themselves since its part of the installers work.

Not very helpful I know, but figured I would reply to at least provide a bit of feedback.

So, has anyone takes some steps to enable their new GW/PW setup on their own, or just let the installer do it all?

I maybe bad, but I just sent the info to Tesla for my two gateways. I tried to log into the GW, but says something is wrong. I am assuming Tesla has not registered my gateways to my email. And having two accounts maybe a real pain.

I love having my gateways hardwired. NO wifi junk. I have the cables now run to my two SE inverters also, but not fully connected yet.
The only thing I had to do was set up the router to give out addresses on the subnet for the Tesla stuff. Once they plugged it in and called the support gues it worked in a couple of minutes.

BTW, you will want to get Wifi configured. it is the one backup for the ethernet. And cellular is the backup for the Ethernet and the Wifi. Hopefully, nothing but the Ethernet is ever used. But the belts and suspenders approach makes sure things continue when it hits the fan.