TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Turning the display off?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by CaptDaveHowe, Apr 29, 2013.

1. CaptDaveHowe

CaptDaveHowe Member

As much as I enjoy the wonder of the built-in iPad type display, there are times when driving when I would like the screen to be blank. Is there a way to turn the display off? If not, I am sure that this can be accomplished with a software update. Any chance?

2. DriverOne

DriverOne Supporting Member

I've thought the same. One less distraction. Switching media to full screen is the closest I've come to a calm neutral display.

3. Frankrb

Frankrb Member

I usually leave the Nav screen on, but if I want something really benign, I activate the Tesla Time clock.

4. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

5. loganss

loganss Spaceman

Thanks. I'll have to give that a try. I was at the drive in and even at the lowest setting the main screen seemed too bright.

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

7. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

Turn the brightness setting all the way down to 0?

8. Zapped

Zapped Model S - PURE EV

turn on the Screen Cleaning mode. ( version 5.x ?)