Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning the page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my heart was a little sad as I said good-bye to my 14 year old Volvo. I have been fortunate to drive many cars in my life and the Volvo turned out to be a great, if slightly dull car, that became a mountain goat every Canadian winter. But she had auto lights, auto wipers and a Swedish interior my ocd brain really enjoyed, and was still free of squeaks and rattles to her last day. She had only ever broken down once and that was because I foolishly ignored a recall.

Now I have over 1000 km in my Model 3 performance AWD. Tight, surgical steering that reminds me of driving an M Series BMW. The Tesla has effortless power, roll coaster neck snapping with that butterfly flipping stomach feeling when you stomp on the power. Transition from that to a smooth glide over the extremely well tuned suspension and you have a car for all occasions. The beautiful white sparse interior that refuses to get dirty even though I have two young boys. Oh and the tech, well implemented, thoughtful GUI that has me maximizing my W/km one day and throwing it out the window with my lower intestine the next.

I took my 85 year old mum out in the car the other day and stomped on the power. After some light screaming there was laughter and clapping, followed by a "that was fun, lets do that again".

My car was perfect at delivery and perfect today. Do I miss my old Volvo? Yes of course, in the "that was a great book" kind of way, fondly remembered and never forgotten. But I know that one day I will miss this car and these moments even more.