TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Turo Model 3 in Vegas

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by 45223, Apr 26, 2018.

1. 45223

45223 New Member

5D18D20D-960B-4F47-A5C7-DC8BFB59A1BC.jpeg A945C816-E765-4163-AE46-77831CDBAA52.jpeg 0D2311ED-23E1-4635-8D50-02265E181747.jpeg Apparently we are late to the Turo game but so glad to have stumbled across this wonderful service. Contacted Regi in Las Vegas about his new black on black on black model three for the day, he arrived at our hotel within an hour. Perfect condition and fully charged Regi suggested Valley of fire state park with a return trip down Northshore rd. Without question the model 3 was built for this drive. Zero issue with range, peppy, passing slower cars and a head turner going across Hoover Dam.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

Does the vanity plate read;

2HOT2HNDL

Seeing as he’s crazy and has a black on black car and lives in the NV desert?

• Funny x 2
  3. thebeezknez

thebeezknez Member

Perfect , now I can test drive before ordering although I cant see me not going through with my order

4. atlas310

atlas310 Member

Reminds me of Knight Rider. Man I loved that show.

• Funny x 2
  5. TT97

TT97 Active Member

You just need to add a red LED going back and forth on the front.

• Like x 1
  6. TT97

TT97 Active Member

I was looking at Model 3s by me so I could test drive one and saw this review (omitted owner’s name):

“[Owner] harassed me the entire time I had his car. He was remotely monitoring me for the whole weekend using the Tesla app. The second I exceeded the speed limit I would get a frantic call from him telling me to slow down. This feels like a clear invasion of privacy... Then he remotely put it in valet mode for an entire day, leaving many features useless. On top of this, he demanded that I pay for him to uber to his errands?? I can’t even begin... The car itself was great. Solid work Elon. The car itself is why I gave the second star. As soon as other Turo owners get their model 3’s, definitely avoid renting from this guy.”

Makes me a litttle nervous renting a 3 now (although it was the cheapest 3 by me).

7. 45223

45223 New Member

Regi said he also owns 2 X’s and an S that are in the Turo program. Someone totaled his first 3 a couple months back. Must admit he was a lot more laid back about the whole deal than myself if loaning our 18 S out for a joy ride.

• Like x 1
  8. octoad

octoad Member

9. SageBrush

SageBrush 2020: Drain the Sewer

I like the idea of Turo too but pay attention to the small print when you choose insurance.

10. jstack6

jstack6 Member

we also rent the model 3 but at only $160 a day with discounts for a week and month. Were in the greater Phoenix Arizona area . You can also rent the model S X and Roadster from us. check it out www.SPARCrental.com

11. lirandy

lirandy Member

#11 lirandy, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  12. 45223

45223 New Member

D4C17ECC-AB17-41F9-9EAF-52CCDDA3921C.jpeg E2AFE9FA-1EEA-47A2-BB0B-376D6DB1BF49.jpeg We have a 2018 S75 back in Atlanta so a couple easy comparisons from our Vegas ride in the 3. Range was incredible, zero worries about substained max speed (110 plus on open roads), continuous blasting A/C and no question about taking every 6 mile attraction detour along the route. Ride quality was fair. Needed adjustable suspension for a couple of these detours. Passing slow traffic was adequate but lacked the snap of our S. Panel gap for the front hood was painfully obvious. Key card is stupid when knowing a key fob does the job. Missed a couple easy turns and locked out of auto pilot on several occasions due to no line of sight notification.

Final thoughts.. Model 3 is a true game changer and I see why the industry is working overtime slamming Tesla in the news. That car was brilliant in every way and never gave us any doubt of a safe and sound trip through the Nevada desert. Placing my order for a model 3 next week!!

• Like x 1