Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turo Model S rental

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone has thoughts about renting your Brand new Model S when not using? I been told one can rent it out on Turo for few days to make a few bucks, some rentals are as good as 300 bucks a day with three day rentals. Any thoughts?

I've been poking around Turo in the LA area, and most of the Model S offerings are in the low to mid hundreds per day. I've seen some Model X for around two hundred. Do you have a high-end model that you think will command a high rental fee?

I rent on Turo. It’s been great. Mostly get people on weddings or special occasions. I started with my i3. Ive been looking for a MX to add just for renting. Most months it covers my payments so it’s worth it to me

• Informative
Reactions: Bebop
Anyone has thoughts about renting your Brand new Model S when not using? I been told one can rent it out on Turo for few days to make a few bucks, some rentals are as good as 300 bucks a day with three day rentals. Any thoughts?

Around the Tri-state area you’ll be able to rent for $200 and up. I see several listings over $250 for performance models.

I rent mine on Turo. So far have had decent experiences. Have offset my upcharge in cost of ownership, but have not yet had it "make a payment".

I rent on Turo. It’s been great. Mostly get people on weddings or special occasions. I started with my i3. Ive been looking for a MX to add just for renting. Most months it covers my payments so it’s worth it to me

Do you manage your own pricing or do you let the automatic pricing do it's thing?

I rent mine on Turo. So far have had decent experiences. Have offset my upcharge in cost of ownership, but have not yet had it "make a payment".

Do you manage your own pricing or do you let the automatic pricing do it's thing?
I’ve done both.

I’ve done both. I typically have Turo do the price because it’s not aggressive. My goal isn’t to rent everyday but rather a few weekends. In the summer I dictated my prices and was more active. It depends. I made a little over 5k since July.

I’ve done both. I typically have Turo do the price because it’s not aggressive. My goal isn’t to rent everyday but rather a few weekends. In the summer I dictated my prices and was more active. It depends. I made a little over 5k since July.

Interesting. I've not done 5k since July, but have it out 2-3x per month. I could probably have it out more, but don't want to miss out on my S. Thanks for the info.

I rented a MS and MX from Turo in D.C. to try both out before buying. I think I paid $150/day for the MS and $200/day for the MX plus fees and insurance. It was a great experience as a renter. The MS owner told me one of his previous owners hit a curb parking and damaged the bumper and radar sensor and another scratched the front fender. He said both were fixed under the insurance without a problem. He bought the MS with the express plan of renting it to offset the costs. Personally, I couldn't bear the thought of other people driving my MS without supervision. The MX owner told me his had been rear ended, but I don't know if he was driving, or a renter. He actually had a Spark that he drove daily.

I drive for Uber and Lyft occasionally, and I can barely stand to let people ride in the back. They seem to be able to make a mess and leave fingerprints everywhere in mere minutes. Lol.

I just looked on Turo for Teslas in my area (Indiana) and, judging by the prices mentioned here, the owners of the small handful I saw must be on drugs -- their prices were totally out of line, for not-particularly-"special" Teslas and for the location midway between Nowheresville and Boondocks. That might explain, at least in part, why a couple of them had zero rental so far...

I just looked on Turo for Teslas in my area (Indiana) and, judging by the prices mentioned here, the owners of the small handful I saw must be on drugs -- their prices were totally out of line, for not-particularly-"special" Teslas and for the location midway between Nowheresville and Boondocks. That might explain, at least in part, why a couple of them had zero rental so far...

They are probably setting their own prices. I realize there is some supply and demand calculation, but they probably have priced themselves out of the running. The guy I rented the MS from said he had very few rentals until he let Turo set the price. Looks like right now, there are MS in DC for $121/day to $500/day. You can imagine who is getting the rentals.

For those renting, how does pick up and delivery work? would the pick up/drop off at your house, a designated area? I guess what I'm getting at is I live outside the city and have a regular 9-5 job, so I can't really just drop what I'm doing to go deliver/drop off a car. I'd probably have to uber there/back from the drop off point also because I haz no frendz

For those renting, how does pick up and delivery work? would the pick up/drop off at your house, a designated area? I guess what I'm getting at is I live outside the city and have a regular 9-5 job, so I can't really just drop what I'm doing to go deliver/drop off a car. I'd probably have to uber there/back from the drop off point also because I haz no frendz

It's up to the individual renter how the pick up / drop off works. Some require you to pick up at a place of their choosing, some will add airports, and others will deliver to a certain area. Some charge extra for the last two options. On both occasions that I rented, I was able to meet the renter at his house and leave my ICE car parked there for the duration of the rental period. You will have to contact the individual renter if his policy isn't stated in the description.