Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turtle mode = new front drive unit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! Newbie here from Florida. Recently took delivery of our new 2022 model Y performance on Dec 03. Started getting the turtle icon almost daily. Car been in service all week for several other items to include panel gaps, new spoiler, new rear rim and now this. Found out the front drive unit has to be replaced with a new one. First EV and I got to say I hope it gets better than this.

Appreciate the feedback. Got the car back today. For the most part everything was taken care of, however bonding adhesives smeared around the new spoiler on the trunk. To add, now I have a 2” scratch right above my driver side wiper, on the black out area at the base of the windshield; looks like a service tool or something may have slid there. Of course they will never admit that happened while in the shop but I’m reporting it anyway.

Hello everyone! Newbie here from Florida. Recently took delivery of our new 2022 model Y performance on Dec 03. Started getting the turtle icon almost daily. Car been in service all week for several other items to include panel gaps, new spoiler, new rear rim and now this. Found out the front drive unit has to be replaced with a new one. First EV and I got to say I hope it gets better than this.
I feel your pain, I also am a new owner of about two weeks. Car going in for gaps, wipers go on by themselves and the following functions doesn’t work. If you use cruise control you take your life on your own hand, car come to a forceful stop about 1.5 car lengths behind the front car