Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turtle Mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model Y has gone in to Turtle Mode 3 times now. Twice right after I start to drive it and once on the highway going 55mph. Each time I pull over. Get out of the car and turn it off (As instructed on the screen) and get back it and it drives fine the rest of the trip.

I scheduled a service call.

I am on the latest software release.

Anyone had this happen? Corrective Action?

Chill mode? Does anyone else have access to your Tesla via the mobile app? Someone could be messing with you.

I think the OP is referring to the Turtle icon status light that show up in the Car Status section of the infotainment display.

The Turtle icon, from the owner's manual means...

Vehicle power is currently being limited because the energy remaining in the Battery is low or the vehicle's systems are being heated or cooled (indicator light is amber).

• Informative
Reactions: Puma2020
That is the warning. Battery supply is ok. Had just charged to 80%. It has been cooler here in NC. Temp was 45 degrees. I had done remote temperature and warmed interior of car to 68 degrees. Car had driven approximately 11 miles when it went in to Turtle Mode on a highway as I was going 55 mph.

If you give the S/C the exact date and approx. time when you had the issue, the can go through the logs on the car to see what the issue was at the time. I had a random error message pop up on mine, and I happened to take a photo. So I sent them the photo with the date/time stamp and they were able to determine a faulty part needed to be changed based on the error log.

• Informative
Reactions: Puma2020
Thank You. I set up an appointment and that is exactly what we did. I have Teslafi and gave them the exact time of the error. They set up a Tesla Ranger appoint as I am 2.5 hours from a service center. Just got a message that they reviewed the logs and I need to bring it to the service center in CLT. Hopefully, they will sort it out.