TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Turtle Talks: Leilani Munter talks the environment

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by FlasherZ, Apr 16, 2015.

1. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Jun 21, 2012
    Following TMC Connect 2013, by request I connected a friend of mine, Monica Laurence, with Leilani Munter. Monica wanted to put a video series together highlighting the importance of focusing on clean energy, and invited a number of leaders to Turtle Island Fiji, a beautiful paradise in the Fiji Islands. If you've seen Blue Lagoon, you've seen Turtle Island, as it was the setting for the Brooke Shields movie.

The result is a series of short video clips found at Turtle Talks | Conversations to imagine a better world highlighting the importance of clean energy. Leilani agreed to participate, and her video can be found here: Turtle Talks | LEILANI MÃœNTER - Turtle Talks

My wife and I have vacationed on Turtle several times now, and we continue to return every few years or so to unwind. When we first arrived, the island was running a fairly large diesel generator 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to provide power for the island's staff and guests. Since then, Richard Evanson, Sr. and Richard, Jr. have led significant efforts to create more sustainability on the 540-acre island. They embarked on a reasonably-sized solar project to supply the island with its power needs, and continue to discuss how to lead sustainability on their paradise island. I spent some time talking beehives with Richard, Sr. last time I was there. It's an awe-inspiring place with the friendliest people in the world.
  2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Aug 20, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Thanks for sharing that!
  3. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Rome (Italy)
    Nice to see that Leilani is always fighting in favor of clean energy.