Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Tutorial] Homelink with Hörmann garage (SupraMatic 2 and 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Hörmann SupraMatic 3 garage with Hörmann ESE receiver and recently I installed Homelink on my M3P. Once I got home I wasn't able to configure it. After some research, I noticed that Hörmann uses an in-house technology called 'bisecur' and Homelink cannot communicate with that, since it changes the codes every time.

After lots of hours of research on the internet and here on the forum I was able to make it work without changing a thing (works alongside with Hörmann ESE receiver!), so I decided to share it with you guys.

Additional hardware needed:
  1. RX Multi (universal receiver)
  2. Any controller that has sends a frequency between 300 to 900mhz (so it's compatible with RX Multi). You can find it everywhere.
Step 1: Wiring

Untitled-2.jpg
terminal 22 = not used
terminal 5 = 24v DC supply
terminal 21 = impulse signal
terminal 20 = common​

Step 2: Jumpers
CLICK HERE to open the manual RX Multi manual and adjust the jumpers based on your remote's frequency.
First, try 'Universal Rolling Code' (more secure). If It does not work, try 'Universal Fixed Code' (less secure).

Step 3: Remove config
  1. Press once S1 button on RX Multi. It will blink once​
  2. Press it again and it will start blinking fast, now do the remote's sync (usually press and hold a button until it blinks fast)​
  3. Release remote's button after a sec​
  4. Lights are off on RX Multi​
  5. Try to open the garage with the button you just configured​
If it does not work, change it to 'Universal Fixed Code' as mentioned in Step 2.

Step 4: Configure Homelink
On your car, start the Homelink configuration using the 'Standard' option and follow the instructions

Step 5: ENJOY!

Credits
Huge thanks for this German tutorial, that helped me a lot:
Homelink Garagensteuerung für Hörmann und Tesla Model 3 – Kurt Huwig

Hi Rapha
This is a great post I discovered because I have (almost) the same door motor (ProMatic 3, which has BiSecur as well)
I've received my RX Multi and some remotes, but I'm struggling to connect it to the PCB inside the ProMatic. It has 4 pins, like yours, but my pins are bare naked, there is no connector whatsoever, I presume I have to buy a JST connector so I can plug my wires?
Also, the connections seem to be different in your schematics compared to the one in your link? Any tip appreciated, great tutorial again.
J

Hi Rapha
This is a great post I discovered because I have (almost) the same door motor (ProMatic 3, which has BiSecur as well)
I've received my RX Multi and some remotes, but I'm struggling to connect it to the PCB inside the ProMatic. It has 4 pins, like yours, but my pins are bare naked, there is no connector whatsoever, I presume I have to buy a JST connector so I can plug my wires?
Also, the connections seem to be different in your schematics compared to the one in your link? Any tip appreciated, great tutorial again.
J

By different, I meant he says "connect number 20 to PWR" while your number 20 goes into OUT1. And then he says "left OUT1 and GND together" whereas you have left PWR and GND. I may be wrong due to bad german though.

Hi Rapha
J
I'm not a master but I'll try to help. Is your PCB like that?
1641560774603.png

By different, I meant he says "connect number 20 to PWR" while your number 20 goes into OUT1. And then he says "left OUT1 and GND together" whereas you have left PWR and GND. I may be wrong due to bad german though.
Yes, as you can see my green wire is connects #20 to GND, left PWR, and left OUT1. That's why I put in different colors because it can be a bit confusing.

Hey thanks for your help. I've managed to connect the RX Multi to my door and open/close it with the provided remote. The only frequency that worked was the universal fixed code though. But I'm living in a peaceful neighborhood so I guess I can live with this. Now I'm waiting for the installation of the HomeLink module, I hope it will work.

Reactions: raphabarreiros
So disclaimer, I've registered here simply for this post.

I too have a ProMatic 3 that I'm looking to retrofit with Homelink on another car.

I've picked up the same, if not similar receiver as you have, however, I'm curious as to your wiring as there is no power that seems possible to the unit in this configuration.

None of the terminals in your diagram on the receiver have continuity to ground, so in that configuration, as wired to mine, there is no power to the receiver. I've validated that the receiver is in fact good by connecting to an external supply.

While 23 and if I recall 20 do give me 24v (24.8 in actuality) the green jumper you've shown will not provide a ground to power the receiver.

Is that in fact the way you have it wired and it does work? In theory, I could jump 20 to ground, but without knowing the schematic of the external BiSecur receiver that would normally connect to that, I'm not sure if it should be.

Here is my wiring. I'm waiting for my appointment for installation but at the moment the Tesla app only offers me appointment in a service center, which is weird because I need them to connect the HomeLink in my garage. Anyway. I have tested this setup on my ProMatic and it works flawlessly with the provided (basic) remote. I will loose the rolling code function, but I can live with that.
PXL_20220207_194528450.jpg

Awesome! Glad it worked!
Definitely it's going to work with HomeLink! I had the same with Fixed Code, but whatever.
Just to confirm, does the setup add the option to sync with the car via homeland BUT keeps the initial bisecur ? I would like to use this for my S but I want to keep the bisecure rolling code using the Hormann remotes otherwise.

Question: do you actually need a remote? I am installing a new Hormann door. It comes with its BiSecure remotes. I do not need one more remote. Can I just program my Tesla without having an additional remote paired to the RX Multi? If so, how?

Thank you!