Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tuxmat Carpets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally Tuxmat delivered. Same as always quality which blows everything else out of the water. Have been using Tuxmat for many years as IMHO they are the best there is. A Canadian company that has produced mats for quite some time. Installed them a few hours ago.

Here is a shot of the Tesla Factory winter mats. Notice the poor fitment.

Here is a comparison shot of Tesla vs Tuxmat drivers side. I would say the Tuxmat has a slight edge in the protection department. :D

Tuxmat drivers side installed.

Tuxmat passenger side.

also installed the rear which is great but did not take photos.

Ordered directly from the manufacturer. The Ultimate Car Mat | TuxMat

By the way. if you click on my pictures above they will be much bigger and you get a better idea of the product.

Thanks @Midnightsun. I'll have to run it by my better half but they definitely appear to be the most protective option I've seen yet and look nice. Do they feel overly plush/cushy under your feet? I'm not sure I'd like that vs. a firmer feel. Are they slippery when damp?

Reactions: cusetownusa
Not slippery and not overly cushy but there is some softness to them compared to regular rubber style mats. I bought this brand/style many years ago and have been sold ever since. Have owned factory mats, spyder mats, weathertech mats just to name a few which do not compare to these IMHO. Costco actually has these rebranded but not for Tesla yet that is. Costco version is "Phantom" This is the older material shown on the Costco site and not the newer Neo material. https://www.costco.ca/phantom-custom-fit-car-floor-mats---starting-at-$199.99.product.100017140.html

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Those look great.

Can you take a pic of the area the mat covers right below the drivers seat? For example, the area that’s usually exposed right below the middle of the seat when the seat is moved all the way back. I haven’t seen any mats cover this area yet.

Also, is your MY a 2021? Do these mats fit the changed pedestal area?

Thanks!!

Finally Tuxmat delivered. Same as always quality which blows everything else out of the water. Have been using Tuxmat for many years as IMHO they are the best there is. A Canadian company that has produced mats for quite some time. Installed them a few hours ago.

Here is a shot of the Tesla Factory winter mats. Notice the poor fitment.

Here is a comparison shot of Tesla vs Tuxmat drivers side. I would say the Tuxmat has a slight edge in the protection department. :D

Tuxmat drivers side installed.

Tuxmat passenger side.

also installed the rear which is great but did not take photos.

Can you take a pic of the area the mat covers right below the drivers seat? For example, the area that’s usually exposed right below the middle of the seat when the seat is moved all the way back. I haven’t seen any mats cover this area yet.

@Bucky96 you may want to have a look at the tshields mat, as it appears to cover that area and is designed for the 2021: Vendor - Floor Mats

Costco version is "Phantom" This is the older material shown on the Costco site and not the newer Neo material. https://www.costco.ca/phantom-custom-fit-car-floor-mats---starting-at-$199.99.product.100017140.html

@Midnightsun yeah I've seen those Phantom ones posted here in TMC before and did not care for them at all but the material of the ones you've posted look great. Thanks again. Even the back seat appears to have amazing coverage compared to the alternatives I've seen here.

Trying to decide between these and the MaxPiders which I liked on my Model 3. Intrigued by the extra coverage offered by the TuxMat. Can anyone using the rear cargo liner for the Model Y tell me if you can access the under floor storage with the TuxMat? Do you have to remove the mat to access the cover or is the TuxMat segmented for easy access?

Trying to decide between these and the MaxPiders which I liked on my Model 3. Intrigued by the extra coverage offered by the TuxMat. Can anyone using the rear cargo liner for the Model Y tell me if you can access the under floor storage with the TuxMat? Do you have to remove the mat to access the cover or is the TuxMat segmented for easy access?

I have a 3 with maxpiders and am getting them again for a 2020 Y that I’m getting next week. Psyched!

I have these for my 2021 Y and they definitely provide full coverage and I like the way they look and feel. Very happy with my investment. The only slightly negative thing I could say about them is that mine had a very strong "rubber" odor to them when new although it seems to be fading.

Reactions: mark95476
I received my TuxMats a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, there are some fit issues with the drivers side and rear liner on my 2021 Model Y SY that I'm not sure I can live with. Have had several emails back and forth with TuxMat and have sent both pictures and videos but there is a disconnect between what I’m communicating in terms of how the mats actually fit and the Design Team (perhaps the "Design Team" is in China?). Main issue is the front drivers side panel that is supposed to fit flush against the center console is both too long and high which causes the panel to press against the accelerator cover and bulge out (also does not not lay flat under the seat) and the rear mat panel that goes up under the back seat to too high to secure under the seat (with the provided clips which is how it is supposed to be secured). There is another thread on this forum with more detail at this this link. Latest reply I received from TuxMat states:

"Thank you for getting back to me and for the picture, and for your help as we work through these issues. Your feedback and emails been shared with our design team, and at present they don't have any plans for redesigning the 2021 mats.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed with the mats"

If your experiencing the same issue suggest you email TuxMat to report and perhaps they will decide to to something about it?

There doesn't seem to be any other floor mat on the market that offers the same coverage at the TuxMat's, so I'm not sure yet if I'm going to return them or not (TuxMat have been very good about providing a return shipping label and full refund if I'm not satisfied). Just not sure how well these will hold up over time in those areas where the fit is off. Either way the TuxMat's fit a whole lot better than the all weather floor mat's offered by Tesla!

Attachments

• PXL_20210218_043931926.jpg
    PXL_20210218_043931926.jpg
    837.9 KB · Views: 1,210
Reactions: jpaychek
I went ahead and ordered a set of Tuxmat on Tuesday for my 2021 Y after Teslashield could not get their story straight. I already received them today, 3 days later.
The coverage is unrivaled. It almost covered all the carpeted area in the front. I almost feel like it’s overkill. Fitment in the front seems to be better than in the rear. The driver side needs some effort to make everything line up nicely. I spent 30 minuets installing all 3 mats and I was sweating like crazy.
I have a set of Maxpider 3D in my Model 3 which I thought was very nice. These Tuxmats are twice as thick. At $198, I think it’s a bargain. They’re quite bulky though and now the right side of my right foot is touching the driver mat when I step on the accelerator pedal because the mat extends all the way up. I have one month to try it out. See if I can live with it.

Attachments

• A6B8AF9D-7DFD-4E65-9558-4051057929D5.jpeg
    A6B8AF9D-7DFD-4E65-9558-4051057929D5.jpeg
    946.6 KB · Views: 893
  • 007F277C-0D5A-45D5-904E-3A0B6CAC7191.jpeg
    007F277C-0D5A-45D5-904E-3A0B6CAC7191.jpeg
    899.6 KB · Views: 758
  • ABD380D7-56E7-486A-AC62-053D345781E1.jpeg
    ABD380D7-56E7-486A-AC62-053D345781E1.jpeg
    840.5 KB · Views: 737
  • 3F7B47AD-1B6E-4EC1-A003-5747AFFA551B.jpeg
    3F7B47AD-1B6E-4EC1-A003-5747AFFA551B.jpeg