Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuxMat Floor Liners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@m4eyyz , are those mat anchors just for show, or are there actual anchors on the 3?
there is one real anchor on the drivers side. They installed them - but I think it's velcro or something that attaches to the car carpet and the pin comes through the mat to secure it. They also provide a bunch of clips that attach to the sides of the mats. The clips have a "tongue" that slides under the cars trim to hold them in place. As I may have mentioned - I'm going to add a clip on the inside vertical piece in the drivers area. It's not an issue - but I think it might look a little tidier.

• Informative
Reactions: flyingpenguins
20180725_152546.jpg
20180725_152554.jpg
20180725_152612.jpg
Ok. Here we go. At the moment it looks like I took one for the team. The center console does not match the type of clip they are using. In many cars the plastic lip on the center console lays over the carpet. With a slide in of the clip it will hold the mat up against the center. In this case, Tesla folds over the plastic underneath maybe making it a little cleaner looking from outside. So the drivers mat hits the accelerator leg without the clip holding in place. I left it in the sun hoping it would bend away from the leg. Still too big of a gap for my liking. I contacted Tux before posting this. They said they are aware of some customers with this issue. They asked me to take a photo and send in. Which I did. Either a new clip or I cannot see any way of them working to my satisfaction. :(

View attachment 320166 View attachment 320167 View attachment 320168

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: C141medic
Edit was to use the highlighter as a frame of reference.

Follow up: I left the mat outside in sun and bent. The above picture with highlighter is post being bent. Why would you ship it if you included clips that did not work? Not sure I really care about fitting the flooring. Also not poking a hole in floor till we figure out the fit....

Would you be able to get a shot with the full view of the driver side mat? Based on our in-store install, we found out that the plastic side trim is very tight and doesn't allow the clips to go through, however, the mats fit the curves of the flooring. You can remove the mat first, bend it, and put it back. Also, I noticed that you have not installed the retention hook on the mat as per the photo; please do not forget to install the retention hook.

Please let us know how this works.

Citadel Malaluan
TuxMat Inc.
A Unit 7,410 Passmore Avenue, Scarborough, ON M1V 4B2
P 1-888-695-8336
E [email protected] W www.tuxmat.ca

Installed the TuxMat's today and very pleased with them. They look much better in person then in the photos. Fit was good. I used 3 clips on the driver side right front corner but probably only needed 1. See picture.
In the past I've bought Weathertech and the main difference is the additional coverage the TuxMat's provide if you live in a snow/wet climate. From a "looks" perspective I think some will like Weathertech and some TuxMat. They really do have a different look and feel to them. The rear mat is particularly nice and provides really great coverage. Hard to see but the mat extends up the base of the back seat.
So with the new mats and yesterday's install of the Jeda wireless pad my car keeps getting better. Now I just need an upgrade from 21.9 to the latest so I can try summon.:)

Attachments

• driver side left.PNG
    driver side left.PNG
    85.3 KB · Views: 349
  • driver side right.PNG
    driver side right.PNG
    88.1 KB · Views: 355
  • driver with clips.PNG
    driver with clips.PNG
    75 KB · Views: 355
  • rear.PNG
    rear.PNG
    84.4 KB · Views: 341
  • Back seat.PNG
    Back seat.PNG
    93.8 KB · Views: 343
Installed the TuxMat's today and very pleased with them. They look much better in person then in the photos. Fit was good. I used 3 clips on the driver side right front corner but probably only needed 1. See picture.
In the past I've bought Weathertech and the main difference is the additional coverage the TuxMat's provide if you live in a snow/wet climate. From a "looks" perspective I think some will like Weathertech and some TuxMat. They really do have a different look and feel to them. The rear mat is particularly nice and provides really great coverage. Hard to see but the mat extends up the base of the back seat.
So with the new mats and yesterday's install of the Jeda wireless pad my car keeps getting better. Now I just need an upgrade from 21.9 to the latest so I can try summon.:)

How secure are the clips on the driver floor mat?

How secure are the clips on the driver floor mat?
There are two types. Simple plastic clip plus a retention hook.
TuxMat provided about a dozen of the simple clips. I found no need to use any on the passenger or rear mats. They fit great plus there really isn't a good place to use the clips anyway. I suspect they are standard clips provided for all their mats. (see picture). I did use 3 on the top right driver side mat but could have gotten away with 1 or 2.

The retention hook is plastic with a swivel top that locks the mat. The retention hook itself is hooked into the floors carpet with what can best be described as a sharp nail built into the retention hook that you slide in the carpet. I wasn't thrilled about doing this but it seems to hold very well but lets see what happens in a month or two. Unfortunately Tesla doesn't have any method of holding their small mats down so TuxMat had to be creative. Attached the TuxMat instruction page that will give you an idea of how this works. As I posted earlier they do look very nice and if you live in a snowy or wet climate they should be a good choice.

Attachments

• Clip.PNG
    Clip.PNG
    48.6 KB · Views: 330
  • 20180727_210622.jpg
    20180727_210622.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 335
  • Helpful
Reactions: peebrayne
As a follow up. I worked by folding the mat inside out and steaming it with a clothing steamer. Almost a reverse crease. I think in shipping the back mat was on top of it which really creased it causing it to hit drivers leg. Works great now. Like the mats very much. Especially the rear. Like the look, and it fits my all weather needs.

TuxMat was very helpful and offered to take the mats if I had any concern.

• Helpful
Reactions: igotzzoom

Sorry man ... they're fugly! Looks too lumpy ... need a mat that isn't as ghetto as this :(

As a follow up. I worked by folding the mat inside out and steaming it with a clothing steamer. Almost a reverse crease. I think in shipping the back mat was on top of it which really creased it causing it to hit drivers leg. Works great now. Like the mats very much. Especially the rear. Like the look, and it fits my all weather needs.

TuxMat was very helpful and offered to take the mats if I had any concern.

I have the same issue. I sent TuxMat an email. I do not have a clothing steamer so we'll see what the answer is. Are you concerned at all about that middle/back edge "flopping" back over time since it will not be clipped?

All that said, the mats look better in person and appear to have what I would need in nasty weather and protect the carpeting from the dirt and crap from my offspring's cleats and gear. I refuse to be one of those, "you are not getting into my car with those cleats" types of parents. Although I was cringing when my son and his buddy jumped into the back seat after a tournament and grass and mud was all over the floor....I bit my tongue...hard.

Will report back to the group.

Last edited:

Aronth5

Thanks for the detailed write-up and photos. How tight is your driver's side mat? Is the bottom/back right side flush/tight with the left side of the middle console?