Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tuxmat Happiness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my Tuxmat order last night. I ordered all the mats they offer for the MY. I'm honestly quite impressed with the feel and build quality. I've always had WeatherTech, so I only had that to go off of and was nervous about what looked to be some kind of fabric, but these are really nice.

Now to wait for my MYLR and actually test them out...

These mats sold out with a quickness! Received mine yesterday and am glad to have grabbed a set. It’s already getting filthy and has a nice puddle of water on it today thanks to our Minnesota winter. I love these mats so far!
E3D68F14-E24C-454A-8200-6231655A1D53.jpeg

Reactions: Tslgrl and Wabsa
Reactions: Spam2Yam
How difficult is it accessing the rear lower trunk spaces if you have the upper trunk mat on the Y? I make pretty regular use of the lower trunk areas and while the tuxmat trunk mat looks great I'm not sure how accessible the lower spaces will be, or if getting to them will be a big PITA

Their trunk mats are really nice, but they do have that raised lip that butts up to the back of the seats. Because the mat is flexible though, you should be fine to fold the seats and place items on the lip if needed. It should bounce back.

Honestly, after a month of ownership, I'm rather pleased with the floor/frunk/trunk mats from Tuxmat. I've been a WeatherTech fan previously, but I'm glad I went with Tuxmat this time around.

These are back in stock (just ordered for my MY delivery in May/June.

Does anyone here have experience with their trunk mats? I may go another route as i fold seats down often...
I didn't get them. I find it strange that they have the best coverage for the seats, but not for the trunk or frunk. I got these, but I am going to change to these because I fold down the seats much more often than I realized. This is the coverage I would think the cargo mats from Tuxmats would have. One thing to be aware of, mats like these use pretty strong velcro and it can pull up some of the carpet if you are constantly putting it in and taking it out.

I didn't get them. I find it strange that they have the best coverage for the seats, but not for the trunk or frunk. I got these, but I am going to change to these because I fold down the seats much more often than I realized. This is the coverage I would think the cargo mats from Tuxmats would have. One thing to be aware of, mats like these use pretty strong velcro and it can pull up some of the carpet if you are constantly putting it in and taking it out.
Did you buy the Taptes Trunk protection? How did they work out? I couldn't decide and now have the car... [EDIT: Reviews for TAPTES are less than glowing... I may keep looking]

I just put my Tuxmats in (they had been in a box since shipped last time I posted. They fit is good most places except the driver side. The mat that lines the bulkhead to the right of your right leg bows outwards. I've left the mats in and hopefully they will soften and fit but if not, it would be annoying to constantly have the mat against your leg when driving. (I took out the Tesla carpets before installing. I also noticed that the mats sit a little higher than where the plastic meets the carpet (have not put clips in yet).