Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TWC Cable tidy - For under £15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Just sharing my TWC cable tidy solution - I wasn't keen on wrapping the cable around the TWC as it looked kind of messy in a limited space (Close to wall on left meant able bulged out on right).

The solution? A cheap Hose Hanger (£5.99) and Tool Springs (£6.99) - Pics below - I think it looks pretty neat myself! It also allows the set-up as I have it (Pics below) or for the cable to wrap from top of TWC to below hose hanger, which is c. 2x full rotations... Versatile!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073FDZQCZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GHEM5NI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone else custom-made their own TWC tidy? I know you can get the official Tesla Cable Tidy, too Cable Organizer

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 14.34.42.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 14.34.51.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 14.34.51.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 29
Looks nice and neat. The only thing that I would say is, check that if the type-2 plug comes loose from the holster, and it probably will at some point :oops:, it not going to swing down onto something hard and possibly crack the casing, or something else. That concrete looking step looks right in its firing line...

Looks nice and neat. The only thing that I would say is, check that if the type-2 plug comes loose from the holster, and it probably will at some point :oops:, it not going to swing down onto something hard and possibly crack the casing, or something else. That concrete looking step looks right in its firing line...

thanks! I went out and checked it. Completely unintentionally the angle of the cable (in an elongated reverse ‘S’) actually makes the plug sit very securely in the holster. I tried with the cable loose and clipped, and it’s noticeably less wobbly when clipped in. I could “nudge” the plug out when free hanging, but when clipped I physically couldn’t remove it.

I think there’s two reasons for this; first is the clip and hose hanger stops the cable from being able to move vertically up or down, secondly the torque on the cable means the plug has pressure against the holster’s latch.

pure luck, but seems to have done a good job. *pat on back*.

Reactions: MrBadger