Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Tweeters' comments on Model S illustration.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
So, Road & Track published a "Photo Illustration" (artists rendering) of what they think the "Model S" will look like:
102320081443041416.jpg

Someone said this was their "best guess", but we don't know how educated a guess it was. Did they see a real photo of a prototype, and then try to draw it from memory? Are they just speculating wildly? In any case the article and photo have spread to the web showing up all over the place like here:

DVICE: First Peek: Tesla Model S, the all-electric 4-door sedan
Photo of Tesla Model S Electric Sedan : TreeHugger
Tesla Model S: The 4 Door Sports Sedan | StyleCrave | The Lifestyle Guide for the Modern Man.
Tesla Sedan
First Peek: Tesla Model S, the all-electric 4-door sedan - 24 Cars blue Sky
TechEBlog Tesla Model S Revealed
Bom Fim de Semana | GlobPT
MotoringFile.co.za Tesla Builds a 4-Door Sedan and it Looks Great!
Gadget Review Tesla Model S Makes Its Debut
Digg - Tesla Builds a 4-Door
Living in the Whine Country Archive Tesla releases picture of its 4 Door Sedan
CarDesignFetish Is This the Tesla Model S?
Supposed Tesla Model S Leak : tinyComb
Blog Myhaus México: Ahora Tesla producirá un auto eléctrico de 4 puertas, el sedan deportivo modelo S.
Tesla's 4-door, all-electric Model S sports sedan gets pictured - Engadget

I noticed a lot of people "tweeting" about it:

smsRob : I think Tesla has a hit on their hands if they can get an electric sedan that actually looks like this to production
Surfarama : The two seater Tesla is no good for families, but I would so drive this
timtrueman : Man that Tesla Model S (the sedan) looks hot!
MacMorgan : Tesla S is pissin' looking. Might have to sell a few cars and pick one of these up in '10.
mattsmollinger : Ok, I knew Tesla was awesome, but since when could an American car company make me drool
kylehase : I'm drooling all over my keyboard looking at the Tesla Model S sedan.
nateholbrook : Ogling the forthcoming Tesla Model S. It looks like a sexier Nissan Z, with instant karma to boot!
ngirard : Digging the Tesla S
nronche : Mmm...4-door Tesla sedan
muti : Tesla Builds a 4-Door Sedan and it Looks Great!
soulracer : Tesla does make pretty sweet looking car, even their dr sedan is cool looking
WilHarris : Ogling the Tesla Model S. Wow.
digitalkitty : New Tesla 4 door looks like a monstor stepchild of an NSX and a G37. Sexy? HELL YES!
chriscasper : Next car = Tesla Roadster S
sircoolio : Schwing! 4 seat Tesla on the way!
aigarius : Reading about the sexy Tesla sedan
The_Weakonomist : the tesla I actually want
kessler : The Tesla Model-S sedan is HOT!
stamaschris : Tesla is putting out a 4-door sedan. Looks sick and gets 240 miles per charge
mitchellkane : Tesla is building a sedan. 240 miles per charge. Expected price of 60k
jjonasz : New Tesla 4 door, time to start saving up
riotryan : Tesla has a 4-door. I want one!

Well, the 'tweetosphere' seems to like the R&T illustration at least!

Perhaps Tesla should hire R&T to do their designs. Let's see.

If that prototype is anywhere near ready, Tesla should surely launch it on home territory at the LA Auto Show to quosh the vapourware accusations and help attract finance.

nateholbrook : Ogling the forthcoming Tesla Model S. It looks like a sexier Nissan Z, with instant karma to boot!

Love it :wink:

Model S looks like Nissan 370Z Prototype or Lotus APX Prototype?

The R&T photo illustration looks more like a four door version of the Nissan 370Z Prototype.

Nissan 370Z Prototype
10122008214126.jpg

Perhaps closer to reality is Business Week's "Electric Carmaker Tesla Downshifts" article which includes this picture captioned "Chief designer von Holzhausen with a prototype of the Model S" that looks different from the R&T illustration.

popup_0844_mz_tesla2.jpg

The tail lights and trunk/hatch panel seam in the BW picture combined with Autocar.co.uk's discussion of an aluminium body and Tesla's close relationship with Lotus remind me more of Lotus' APX prototype.

apx00006.jpg

Last edited: