Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Twin babies in rear-facing seats in Model 3(imported from US)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our twin daughters are 11month old now, and I'm getting Model 3 next week.
In my current BMW 1- series (not the X) one baby seat is in front, other in the back in the middle seat, so the passenger gets to face both babies and manage/entertain them.

Both the passenger(170cm) and the driver(180cm) gets decent legroom this way. Though both seats are group 0, and I've picked them among the narrowest and shortest that were available (Cybex Aton2 and Britax Baby Safe 2 i-Size )
As such they are/will be soon outgrown.
I'd very much like to have both of the future seats rear-facing for safety sake. There are quite compact rear-facing seats for toddlers like MAX-WAY - car seat | Britax Römer

From what I've found so far - it's not possible to reliably turn off front passenger airbag in Model 3, is there any way to do it?

How do you get along with rear-facing seats?

Sharing my experience now.
With my daughters at around 11 kg, and a seat weighing under 5 kg - my US-specced M3 consistently detects it correctly and displays airbag off sign on the display. The airbag sign is not actionable despite what I've read in some version of the manual.

• Informative
Reactions: Tastee