Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Twin chargers physically included with all cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 2nd charger is not a twin but differently shaped (from reports) so the one jammed into the center position would presumably be the 2nd.
Which unit is the primary charger? I have two so it would be nice to know what's what under the seats.
--

No, in the picture above, they're both the same. One under the left seat and one under the right seat. There is a differently shaped box under the middle seat, but that must be something else. Maybe that's where the relays are for supercharging?

The 2nd charger is not a twin but differently shaped (from reports) so the one jammed into the center position would presumably be the 2nd.
Which unit is the primary charger? I have two so it would be nice to know what's what under the seats.
--

Those are definitely twin chargers. Master charger is under rear passenger seat. Slave charger is on the rear driver seat side. Taken from the emergency response guide:

twin_chargers.png

He (bellwilliam) most certainly has the slave charger box from his photo of the rear bench removed. Questions are:

1. Is it the full deal, or just an empty box?
2. Is this on all cars, or is his a fluke?

Anyone else keen to pop their rear bench? I would, but I have a car seat installed and it's a pain to reinstall. (I'm still waiting for my &*$+%! Rear jump seats!!)

1. Is it the full deal, or just an empty box?
2. Is this on all cars, or is his a fluke?

Do we know that he didn't order the twin chargers?

- - - Updated - - -

What is interesting is that the charge port cable goes from the slave side rather than the master side, so at the very least, the wiring has to be there.

The cables from the charge port pretty clearly go over the top of the slave charger and into the junction box that is between the two chargers.

People are confused. bellwilliam definitely ordered the dual chargers and never said he didn't. Somebody linked to his picture off of this thread, but the thread linked to was just talking about removing the back seat, nothing to do with dual chargers.

I was the one who linked to it, but only because someone else had referenced that thread. (And it was an interesting picture.) Hope I didn't cause the confusion!